⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black springs today :) it been too long since my last dig but happy with the out come.
1451287708_image.jpg

Mrs Silver is happy with your outcome as well BIGRED,.... "jealous" in fact, she says ! :eek: :D

Nice stones Bigred.Did you find them in the public area at Sapphire Bend? Do you just sieve the gravel layer or do you wash the clay topsoil layer as well?

The road over. I'm in a great hole ATM the wash layer is big. I just wash the gravel wash layer.it's a gray colour I've found is the best light and darker gray but there's a more dirty brown wash layer there too that's very gravely and produces well too.

Nice colours at Black Springs, real pity they are generally not bigger, some larger ones there but you have to be very lucky to get a decent cutter. Nice work BigRed.

1451813415_image.jpg
got these small stones while out panning for gold today. I have got know idea about gems , rounded one at top is only about match head size. I'm only guessing but I thing the small dark one is a saphire as in different light it's got a blue color . Any ideas about the others would be greatly appreciated. Found in west gippsland area if that helps.

Cleaning out the shed today and have been smashing up Quartz that the kids or I have put aside and came across a bit of small lava stone I picked up a few years ago with tiny specs of peridot on the surface.

Was surprised to get a few crystals out of the stone :D

1452567671_image.jpg

Latest posts