⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digginholes said:
Awesome stone Heath and great job Barny !
That's a beautiful saphire

Yeah I really love that stone Greg, picked it up yesterday from Barney and it looks 10 times better than the pic, couldn't be happier with it. :)

Sick stone heatho.. love it mate.nice addition to the collection .. congrats barney on such an amazing job..if youre interested in some work ive got a few worthy ones

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to upload pics? I have a few rocks found at my property in Goulburn NSW that I would love identified..

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I have no idea what I'm doing lol :)

Spunwild said:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to upload pics? I have a few rocks found at my property in Goulburn NSW that I would love identified..

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I have no idea what I'm doing lol :)
When writing your post , then want to put an image in , look just above there is some font things and a image button ( blue) click on that . It should allow you to select an image from your files, get back if have more problems.

Went to the Windsor Gem Show this weekend and bought a nice AquaMarine crystal.

1448779163_image.jpeg

Also one of our mates were there with gravel containing Zircon and Sapphire. There were sieves there so I had a bit of a go sieving for some stones.

1448779327_image.jpeg

:)

Well we too had a gem show this past weekend, so we went straight for the good stuff. As some of you might remember, our fellow GallicProspector had mentioned the French Sapphires that are found in the central part of the country (Auvergne). Well Mrs Sodabowski and I found a guy selling a few of these at the show, and we grabbed the best one he had. My current DSLR lenses really can't do anything decent as far as macro is concerned, so I made a shot with the webcam and the jeweler's loupe to show you guys what it's about here in the land of the Eiffel tawa... The bloke also dropped in a great lil piece of rough, so I have a specimen to add to my collection (yay!)

1449595650_french_sapph.jpg

3,5 mm SRB, deep blue with the slight hint of gray that our saphs have. Natural untreated, precision-cut, will sit next to a diamond and an emmy. Gonna rock on gold. Now to go panning since we also have some decent gold here in France :D

Hi all, need help identifying this stone found near Ballarat last week.

Hoping for my daughter's sake its not glass, as she found it all on her own.
1449655326_zoes-gem-1.jpg

1449655326_zoes-gem-2.jpg

1449655326_zoes-gem-3.jpg

Sodabowski said:
Well we too had a gem show this past weekend, so we went straight for the good stuff. As some of you might remember, our fellow GallicProspector had mentioned the French Sapphires that are found in the central part of the country (Auvergne). Well Mrs Sodabowski and I found a guy selling a few of these at the show, and we grabbed the best one he had. My current DSLR lenses really can't do anything decent as far as macro is concerned, so I made a shot with the webcam and the jeweler's loupe to show you guys what it's about here in the land of the Eiffel tawa... The bloke also dropped in a great lil piece of rough, so I have a specimen to add to my collection (yay!)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2712/1449595650_french_sapph.jpg

3,5 mm SRB, deep blue with the slight hint of gray that our saphs have. Natural untreated, precision-cut, will sit next to a diamond and an emmy. Gonna rock on gold. Now to go panning since we also have some decent gold here in France :D

Very nice stone mate, I never knew there were sapphs in France.

Nice looking stone.

I think sapphires can be found in a great many locations but in only a tiny handful of them are they of sufficient size and quantity to be worth mining. Sapphires were found when they built the wall of the Callide dam near Biloela, about an hour's drive from Gladstone. They were also found in the river a half a k down the road from my home. The volcanics of the Boyne valley would have to have been the source but are they there in sufficent quantity to be worth digging for anywhere up there?

If anyone knows they haven't told me and probably wont :)

Latest posts