⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1444138201_image.jpeg

I got out for a dig ,yeah....

Amachris said:
Love the two large ones at the bottom
The one to the right ,I've gotta fine me one of those
Nice work
How did you go on the gold

Oh yes I did get some gold - about 0.8 grams , I guess the highbanker was dialled in ok to collect Zircon, being one of the heaviest gemstones at a SG of 3.90 - 4.70.

Cheers
Barry

A couple of little nice stones ,nothing real big ,I had 1 1/2 day to sus the Glenn innes creeks ,I hit about 6 different creeks ,took a bag from each and sifted later.

Niiiice Varts, those Blues look pretty sweet. If you were digging near the Severn River that could be a Ruby in there, Pink Sapphs and Rubies are definitely in the area. looks more like a Ruby than a Zircon to me.

I'm heading up to Inverell in the morning. Are you still there or back home now?

Got 4 X ruby,1 X colour change tourmo,1x Aqua m,a few nice topaz,some peridot,a few garnets ,black tourmo,pink zircs and some good little saphs a good variety for the collection also got 1 super sparkly/mirror tiny gem from copeton ,sure was good to get away from work .named the bags of wash and gps the locations if only I could spend 6 months up there .
I will take some close ups ,and post up.

Good stuff Varts, I could happily live up there for the rest of my life...... :D Paradise to me. :)

Sounds like you really got amongst it. Looking forward to the rest of your pics.

1444634723_image-dbe515434d73e79d264ea736ebd35be39d8581ee2abf809e60f729e55e2fd465-v.jpg
1444634753_image-a8d0dc421898cfe787bfda6e211642f80b95082b3685b49c1b16db0bffece96d-v.jpg

Dug these out after our recent trip to billabong blue to see if my memory was playing tricks on me , but they are as colourful as i remember , spent 2 days digging a hole when i was about 7 yrs old with my grandma , most likely in vic somewhere and this is some of what was found , firstly any hints as to where they may have come from and secondly what are they ? Zircon ? Unfortunately nans not in a state of mind to be able to remember or tell me what when or where these days

Also have the goldseekers 15000 detector that she bought in about 1983 when i was born and the coins etc i found using it on the same holidays when i was about 7 ,threw some batteries in it and it still works a treat on rubbish in the backyard.

AtomRat said:
You guys are soo lucky.. good on yas..amazing size and colors! :eek:

Ahh most are bombs, but the Blue bombs will cab nicely, a few cutters in there but not many AR. Had a good time though catching up with friends and getting back into it for the season.

A lot were from the pile 5ft, we went hard in the creek and that rocky outcrop spot you guys hit for several days but failed to get many. Mainly hit the pile for 1 day solid to at least get a few bits to bring back.

Our fav spot was underwater.

Adrian was back there and said he wished he got 1200ct lol. Said he got about 120ct of nice ones which is an excellent haul regardless. Had a good chat with him, nice bloke.

:)

Haha , funny how the story changes so much , from park owner saying 1200 carats to fossicker saying 120, lol guess the truth is about 750 .. yeah we had planned on hitting the dig pile after our days in the creek for 0 and got down there early so bill sent us away for an hr , that was when we started on the hardpatch of outcrop and didnt make it back to the pile

He did say it was about 750ct, he did do very well, he was still getting more when I saw him the other day but mostly small and bombs too. All up the hole might have produced 1200ct, Bill is an honest bloke but yes stories can change when there is a bit of excitement involved. :D

Latest posts