⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fossickeract said:
Hi Golden River,
Looks like a small quartz crystal to me (look at it end on if six sided its quartz crystal four sided topaz.) Diamond testers work but can give false positives if stone has any oil on it, wash in metho first. Of course its easy to take it to a gem club and touch it on a coarse diamond lap, anything but diamond will see a facet cut.
Cheers Ted
Thanks mate

fossickeract said:
Hi Golden River,
Looks like a small quartz crystal to me (look at it end on if six sided its quartz crystal four sided topaz.) Diamond testers work but can give false positives if stone has any oil on it, wash in metho first. Of course its easy to take it to a gem club and touch it on a coarse diamond lap, anything but diamond will see a facet cut.
Cheers Ted

Is that what they would call a high refractive index quartz?

Zorgs said:
fossickeract said:
Hi Golden River,
Cheers Ted

Is that what they would call a high refractive index quartz?

All that glitters.

1436703030_topaz.jpg

Love the two large ones at the bottom
The one to the right ,I've gotta fine me one of those
Nice work
How did you go on the gold

Latest posts