XP Deus programs and settings.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the goldfied program at Wedderburn and Maryborough, and had no issues with it. Sure you will get some spots that are just too much for a vlf to handle, but for the most part it ran nice and quiet. No gold, but usual lead targets, bullets, and very small boot tacks. :)

Best way is to just try out for yourself. Some people have too greater or different expectations on what a VLF will deliver on the goldfields, but used in suitable areas and with correct settings, they are still quite capable. :)

Hi Guys,

Just had a good time at Burrendong dam using the goldfield program, really quiet and hit the usual junk targets really well.
The area I did was used as a training ground for about 20 people armed with 7000's, 5000's and 2300's and I was able to hit a lot of targets.

Goldfield Straight out of the box, I just manually balanced it and then with the first hot rock I found used the Notch ground to make the Audio break up on them.
My bendigo and wedderburn saved programs where not much use, so I guess it proves that what works in one place doesn't always work in another.

There where a few people watching me very closely and I was nervous for some reason. LOL

Then I hit an old house site, changed over to hot and got a lot of brass belt studs in an area that had Tons of iron.

The reason I did both areas was to show people that for those that are relic/coin hunters with a couple of trips to the goldfields a year, the Deus is capable of finding targets in mineralised ground. No gold for me but small fish hooks and boot nails where in abundance.

Deus hit a half gram bit (Bob Buss found with a 7000) no problems at all, but not at a lot of depth. About 3 inches or so.

It will find shallow gold, you just need to swing the coil over it.

Have fun Folks.

Clegy

I love it out Burrendong way Clegy, great spot for a swing, did you try the Stuart Town common at all? I've found a few small bits of gold there.

3 inches isn't too bad for 1/2 a gram nugget to be honest.

Spent a couple of hours in the forest around Scarsdale just recently, first time in the goldfields with the XP. Used the Gollfield program mainly default settings. I thought it was generally reasonably quiet, but when it started to get a bit noisy just re ground balance. Found the usual junk, no gold. Was happy with the way it performed, you have to keep a close eye on the ground balance though. I used a combination of manual & ground grab for that, from memory it ranged between 74 & 83. I only have the 9" coil so didn't expect much in the way of depth.

1459851780_scarsdale.jpg

Some of my finds for the day.

Hi Heatho,

No Mate I just did a bit around the Pine hill area, I wish I could have stayed for a few more days but the Daughter wanted to go, so go we did.
On the way home I passed about 20 spots I would have loved to have had a go, like old churches and abandoned houses out in Paddocks.

Hopefully I'll get back down that way very soon, but being from Qld I'll need to wait till it warms up LOL.

Cheers

Clegy

Had the Deus for awhile now, and thought I would share my settings. These are for turf, trashy, or non, sandy or clay.

Modified deus fast
Disc 1
Sens 99
Freq 17.6, or 11.8. I reckon 17 hits small silver better, and is less affected by EMI.
Iron vol 1
Silencer 1
Audio response 2
Fulltones
TX2 (TX3 doesnt seem to hit targets any better....and drains the battery).
Reactivity 2, but on a site with fewer signals drop that down.
GB 86

Ramjet said:

Yeah RJ, XP are going to rock the detecting world with the new software and these new coils running at 15khz 30khz and 55khz. so it is also going to give you a choice of frequencies perfect for all types of Prospecting.

Along with that new pin pointer,

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/deus-product-information-and-news/

John.

Crikey, XP between you and ML, my treasurer is gonna kill me for sure. Clegy, now we see what your on about, re your latest news letter tease...........

rocketaroo said:
I want the pinpointer, the gps app, and a 15khz eliptical coil. Might settle for the first two :)

I had a look and there is already an app called GO Detect. Oh well, just make sure we get the right one.
I love the idea of a longer lasting battery. Actually plenty to like with this update.