Gold Racer in the Field

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread Nenad. Still waiting on mine to arrive but should get here wednesday. Definitely be out in the Adelaide hills for a swing later this week and report back any finds. Hope to have the success you're having with it.

These are the best Video's on the net, I have never been convinced by any in the past but they Answer any question a person might have, So much so I have ordered this machine based on what Nenad Demo'd on these Video's, And the Tone and the threshold are a dream come true, I have already sold one machine and I am going to make room for this one and the Fors Core, from my point of view these are the best machines that suits my needs,

Again well done Nenad,

john

I'm looking at both of these I live in Bathurst that's where I'll be doing most of my detecting. To me and I'm very new at this the nokta gold is better for picking up bigger bits of gold and the racer gold is more sensative for smaller gold. Is this the case because I'm going to central west prospecting tomorrow to hopefully buy one if they have any left !!!

Hi Everyone,
1457686827_20160311_160918_copy.jpg

This is some thing I did to my Makro Gold Racer to give it better balance and less stain on the fore arm for swinging it comfortable for many hours like the Nokta Fors Core with the standard coil on it.

I mounted a water bottle under the battery box to balance the detector better and can easily remove it or empty for less weight and it keeps the speaker off the ground when I put it down etc.

Nice one Dingo, just watch condensation on the bottle. Don't want any moisture getting into your battery compartment. I agree the balance on the Fors is slightly better, but the Gold Racer is so light it just feels great.

Got my Gold Racer today, very happy with my first impression of the 5" coil. Picked up my 0.3 gm. prickly test bit at 2 inches easily. The same bit with my SPP is barely detectable right on the coil. This machine has the goods on the PI's on speccies and grainy gold. :D
Balance is pretty good with this small coil as well.

Had mine out in the field today. No gold, some small lead shot though. First VLF detector so a bit of getting used to but thanks to Nenads videos I am learning to optimize settings. One thing i can't get right is target ID's. Went odwn to a creek for a bit of fun sorting through trash. In disc 1 the numbers are all over the shop. Works okay once the target is out of the ground but not so good at depth. Thinking I may need a smoother threshold for accurate ID's

Yeah it helps get a more accurate reading sooner cheers. If the target is deep I've noticed it's likely to give higher reading even on ferrous trash until I dig down some. This is probably a good thing as I'd hate a false reading on gold.

nuggetino said:
Yeah it helps get a more accurate reading sooner cheers. If the target is deep I've noticed it's likely to give higher reading even on ferrous trash until I dig down some. This is probably a good thing as I'd hate a false reading on gold.

Yep, exactly. My backyard is highly reactive clays. Put a 10c coin in the ground at moderate depth, and most detectors throw it in the iron range. The Nokta's and Racer all make it read higher, so you won't miss it. My Vaquero does well in this test as well for some reason.

Latest posts