Nokta Fors Relic information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
The new Fors Relic which is based on the Fors Core platform is soon to be released by Nokta. It's feature set would no doubt also be attractive as a coin detector with its fast recovering "Swift search mode", as well as five other factory search modes.

Running the same 19kHz frequency as the Fors Gold, additional features over the Fors Core include 6 search modes (including new Swift and Deep search modes), iron volume, imask and tone break. The ferrous range has also been reduced to 0-20 vs 0-40 on the Core.

http://noktadetectors.com/fors-relic-metal-detector.asp

new racer, new core etc. Must annoy people who bought the old models new, only months ago. Their products get superceded a bit quickly for my liking.

I could understand the frustration held by owners of preceding models on their detectors being continually superceded or improved upon. Much like the Fisher/Teknetics range, umpteenth number of detector models with only a few real improvements or additional features between them. Good for the new buyer, not so good for those that already made a purchase on initial release.

Aside from that, they still offer good value for money, and offer a real alternative to what is usually available on the US market. The AU dollar certainly doesn't help US manufacturers in that respect.

That was just one of the reasons why I opted for the Deus, same platform with ongoing software/hardware updates and improvements, plus the updates are free (on software only). :)

This company is really pi#$ing a lot of people off , including me !
I bought the Nokta Fors Gold and you really cant use it in the ALL METAL mode as it is all over the place with the Threshold , then they fix that 6 months later with the Gold + :mad:
Dont get me wrong , I like my Detector , but I wish they would get things right before releasing Models with faults in them , then fixing that fault and release a new model !

JeffP said:
I bought the Nokta Fors Gold and you really cant use it in the ALL METAL mode as it is all over the place with the Threshold , then they fix that 6 months later with the Gold + :mad:
Dont get me wrong , I like my Detector , but I wish they would get things right before releasing Models with faults in them , then fixing that fault and release a new model !

Buy a Deus :D all updates are downloaded to your machine and free ;)

Ramjet said:
JeffP said:

How long does it take to download new coils as they're released? :lol:

Don't care about new models.. still find what you walk over with the older model, and that's all that counts.
C
p.s. just came back from Europe, the Fors Gold old model did the damage on the relics, believe me.

Left a fair bit with my brother to hold for me in Scotland. I'm in the process of joining the local gun club so I can import most of it without Victorian customs nabbing it. :mad: Ammo etc from WW2 battlefields in the Czech Republic
Will post some stuff I brought home in my suitcase tomorrow after work, scored quite a few items off my bucket list :cool:
C

Kaiserslautern Germany, pick of the crop.

1457338109_group.jpg

Private land Czech Republic, fair sized bag of coins and some buttons as well as bullet casings/shells still in Scotland, will clean it up and bring it home to show when I go back in a few months.
Brought these badges home, I also found a Russian helmet and German rifle remains which I gave to the guy putting me up. Will ask him for pics.
Wound badge in Silver (made of zinc) and DRL sports badge in silver both from German uniforms
He suggested others could come along if you are willing to camp in a tent.
C

1457338564_pair.jpg

Ramjet said:
JeffP said:

Hello. We can understand the frustration of the people who just bought one of our previous models. However, Fors was released over 2 years ago and Fors Gold+ was released a few months ago. We know that other manufacturers wait much longer to release a new product and most of the time the releases are minor updates. We, on the other hand, really focus on what the customers want and need. Once we release a product, we listen to all the feedbacks and try to implement whatever we can in our next device and the changes are definitely not fixes or updates but really a whole set of changes in terms of the algorithm of the product which takes a lot of effort on the engineering and testing side and even molding changes sometimes (such as in the Makro racer 2) which are really not easily implemented. Please note that none of the Fors will be discontinued and they will be part of our product offering as they are great products and each has its own specific use.

Our whole goal behind releasing new products is really to satisfy customers more and as we are doing that we really work hard to deliver it faster to our valued customers. Customers may be accustomed to waiting for years for a new product but we do not believe that should be the standard in this industry as it is not in many other industries as long as you are not releasing products just for the sake of it but to really meet the demands of the customers.

Thank you!

Keep it up with your product development and creating your brand and line of detectors. Makes all the sense in the world for a new company to do that. The more choices we have the better.

other side of the coin......could be argued that, your customers do the real testing, suggest the improvements, and are peeved when their machine is superseded so quickly. Maybe those loyal enough, to buy the better/new model, could be given a better deal, or meaningful bonus :)

only fair thing to do is give first generation buyers some sort of reward for spreading the word and giving good suggestions on fix's which your company has reaped the benefits of ,for two years

I can understand where they're coming from. We're accustomed or even spoilt with delayed product releases from Minelab. Gives everyone more time to save, develop complacency and confidence in their product. As an owner of a GPX4500 I don't need the latest and greatest because for me just because an upgraded model is released doesn't render my current unit useless. Ofcourse I can understand someone being peeved about owning a product that they're not happy with from the getgo. If my Makro Gold Racer is replaced by a Gold Racer 2 in 6 months and I've had a good experience with the product I'm certainly not going to be bummed about it and will continue to pull nugglets out with my superceded model. Having a company that improves products based on customer feedback gets a thumbs up from me.

It's not the model stops doing what it's supposed to do, but what bothers me is the re-sale value takes a huge hit should you wish to up grade. I don't collect metal detectors, it would be good to sell what I have and buy new when the time comes, but my Gold was $1400 pro pack and I seen them struggle to sell at $800 only 2 months later, god only knows what I would get for it now.
C

ColinD said:
It's not the model stops doing what it's supposed to do, but what bothers me is the re-sale value takes a huge hit should you wish to up grade. I don't collect metal detectors, it would be good to sell what I have and buy new when the time comes, but my Gold was $1400 pro pack and I seen them struggle to sell at $800 only 2 months later, god only knows what I would get for it now.
C

It's the same with everything though. Golf clubs, tennis raquets, fishing gear, gym equipment - try sell an exercise bike - you'll be lucky to get half of what you bought after only owning it a week. I think metal detectors hold their value pretty well, AND we actually make some money back, even pay off our machines if you work hard enough - most other hobbies are just a money pit, but you do it for the enjoyment, because it's a hobby. If you shudder at the thought of losing money, then buy second hand. I have never ever bought a brand new car for that reason

Latest posts