You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

DigginForGold
04 March 2016 05:38 am

Hi,

So I've decided to start a post where I can post all of my prospecting videos. I plan on making more so may as well keep them all in one place rather than starting a new thread each time.

Here's the first one for this thread. I had a bit of a look in a creek within the Gippsland region. I had mild success, but had to cut it short as I got there rather late, and I forgot my supplies like water and a snack, plus I forgot my crevicing tools so didn't have a brush (which I needed).

https://youtu.be/H5phrZ5EL8w

DIY Highbanker / AM Grubstake Sluice / DIY Recirculating Cleanup Sluice < Click there / DIY Miller Table / Plus pans and other tools of the trade smile My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/DigginForGold

12 users like this post: joao garimpeiro, Brother, lookn4yellow, AtomRat, Heatho, Dig'n-it, Tribsa 56, Goldpick, yobskin, Lilnugget, Colin&Lee, johnb

nicko61
04 March 2016 07:20 am

nice finds, hope you go back before water flows with proper tools,as i think you would get lots more pickers,gotta be happy with those you did get though? i know i would be

joao garimpeiro
04 March 2016 08:41 am

thank you Matt,

Excellente video! Wonderful place!

Hey Matt,
that bird is one that is singing in your video?

I was born in Brazil but my heart is Australian. So I am an Australian wow!!!

Brother
04 March 2016 10:18 am

Nice vid mate, that's the job, test pan test pan everywhere smile
Keep up the good work.

Rob

3 pans, 2 sluice, 3 HIbanker, 1 Garrett AT Gold and no more time for dreaming!

cecc
05 March 2016 10:16 am

Well done some nice colours.

Bring On The Color

kemjak57
05 March 2016 10:52 am

Good show of colour there. Thanks for the video, well done. Rick

True friends are like gold, precious and hard to find. Treasure them when you have them.

AtomRat
05 March 2016 11:10 am

Awesome work mate big_smile lovely spot and speccie!
Leech or two?

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

DigginForGold
05 March 2016 05:34 pm

Thanks everyone smile I was certainly happy with how it went.

@ joao garimpeiro
I'm not sure what bird that is...but I also noticed it and wondered. Any ornithologists about? Haha

@ AtomRat
I'd read previously that the leeches out that way can be crazy so I was concerned as I made my way out there. But...didn't even see one leech, thankfully.

DIY Highbanker / AM Grubstake Sluice / DIY Recirculating Cleanup Sluice < Click there / DIY Miller Table / Plus pans and other tools of the trade smile My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/DigginForGold

1 user likes this post: joao garimpeiro

Swinging & digging
05 March 2016 06:05 pm

Looks like a good place for snakes this time of year, keep an eye out for them.
I have had some encounters with snakes around creeks, they usually slither off.

DigginForGold
05 March 2016 06:16 pm

Yeah you're not wrong. I've had encounters with snakes in the recent past whilst out prospecting...almost stepped on a red bellied black snake up at reedy creek past year. It scared the crap out of me. I now tend to make a lot of noise as I walk through the bush, and if I can I have a long stick that I'll bang on the ground in front of me as I walk. Don't know if that's necessary but I really don't want to step on one.

1 user likes this post: AtomRat

Dig'n-it
05 March 2016 06:34 pm

Great Vid. Nicely edited. Great finds. I agree you got to be happy with that.
Well done. That bedrock is a natural sluice trapping the gold. I'm sure you'll be back there with the right equipment. Good luck.

GPX 4500, pick, Jeep Cherokee and gold fever

1 user likes this post: DigginForGold

AtomRat
05 March 2016 07:24 pm

Don't worry..you know when your in a leech riddled spot out here mate lol

Couple of months since I've seen a snake now but they will still be out there. Watch the monitor lizards too as they can want to play chasies sometimes!!

DigginForGold
05 March 2016 07:51 pm

Oh great. Something to look forward to then haha sigh.

Haha I haven't seen any monitor lizards yet but I'll now be sure to keep an eye on the little bugger when I do. Do we get any decent sized ones down here in Vic?

AtomRat
05 March 2016 07:59 pm

Yeah mate.. they are not little... last one I saw was around 2m. They tend to run up the trees but I don't know what happens if you stumble across them close to their nesting zone. I've been told they can run straight up your leg with nasty claws, i've been chased once, keep your distance

DigginForGold
05 March 2016 08:11 pm

Oh wow thats a LOT bigger than I was expecting. Certainly wouldn't want to mess with one of em. I'll definitely keep my distance if I ever happen to see one.

Goldpick
05 March 2016 10:07 pm

Love the clip and the scenery, great spot to relax at away from the big smoke. Almost looks like you'd need a machete to get in there. wink

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

silver
05 March 2016 10:30 pm

Well that was an enjoyable vid,... well done. big_smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

DigginForGold
06 March 2016 12:07 am

@Goldpick
Haha yeah the walk in there was interesting to say the least. I had to turn back and find an alternate path more than once. But that's how you know your going to a spot with potential I say. If it was easy to get to then the gold would already be gone ey.

@silver
Thanks very much mate big_smile

1 user likes this post: silver

DigginForGold
18 March 2016 08:55 am

Hey,

So I haven't been very active lately due to the fact that I've started a uni course...so priorities y'know. Have been dying to get out and managed to steal a few spare hours a couple of days ago and went on a spur of the moment outing. Hopefully once I get into the swing of things I'll be able to get out more...

Anyways, I headed back to the spot in was at last time in Gippsland amd I did alright despite the fact that I broke my crevice sucker fairly early on. Got a little picker smile

https://youtu.be/GAqbtCZZlhw

5 users like this post: AtomRat, yobskin, lookn4yellow, Tribsa 56, Heatho

AtomRat
18 March 2016 09:39 am

Nice work again PoG smile

silver
18 March 2016 09:40 am

Still going great guns on it. big_smile tongue

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

cecc
18 March 2016 10:02 am

Nice vid.

Bring On The Color

Lilnugget
18 March 2016 10:18 am

Awesome vids mate congrats on the pickers keep the vids coming wink

Jaros
18 March 2016 11:08 am

Thanks for the vids - nice work and it paid off as well.
Jaros tongue

Lottsa hope :F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250,Aldi detector, ? detector,Garmin Etrex30, 2 sieves,2 pans,2 sluices, Nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel. X-Pointer PI by Deteknix, Jobe Knife, Leschke Shovel, Pro-swing 45 Harness, Treasuremate 11 Amp.Gurney gusunder. VK4NLS

DigginForGold
18 March 2016 05:09 pm

Thanks everyone smile

I'm happy with what I got considering the amount of material I brought back. I'm glad because I probably won't be able to get out for another couple of weeks so wouldn't want to have left it on a bad note haha.

2 users like this post: AtomRat, silver

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site