DigginForGold Vids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natural on the camera mate haha, nice banker as well. I can see the original water level about half a meter up the big boulders
I havnt been there yet, so cheers for sharing :) Great first vid mate. How does the screen door mesh work for you?

Well done potofgold. Pretty good video too. That reedy creek looks the goods plenty of gold left there for you yet mate :)

Thanks everyone. I was a bit embarrassed to upload it as I'm generally pretty shy but whatever. Glad there's at least some interest. I'll do another one next week for anyone interested...

Stay tuned!

AtomRat said:
Natural on the camera mate haha, nice banker as well. I can see the original water level about half a meter up the big boulders
I havnt been there yet, so cheers for sharing :) Great first vid mate. How does the screen door mesh work for you?

The screen door mesh works great. I can't speak badly about it at all. Seems to work as well as any regular expanded mesh I've seen so I've got no plans to change anything :)

Great VID. Nice to see you getting out and enjoying yourself. Where did you get the black ribbed matting from? I been looking and can't seem to locate any local to me in NSW.

3DDevil said:
Great VID. Nice to see you getting out and enjoying yourself. Where did you get the black ribbed matting from? I been looking and can't seem to locate any local to me in NSW.

Clark rubber , graham rubber , grippy rubber products have it

There is a shallow vee and a deep vee . Deep is the go (approx 2.8 mm deep grooves)

HeadsUp said:
3DDevil said:

Clark rubber , graham rubber , grippy rubber products have it

There is a shallow vee and a deep vee . Deep is the go (approx 2.8 mm deep grooves)

Spot on
1456635990_thumb.jpg

3DDevil said:

As others have said.

I got my ribbed matting from Bunnings though as in the past I went to the local Clark Rubber and they didn't have any ribbed matting, big or small, so now I just go to bunnings if I need it as I know the stuff from there works like a charm.

Thanks,enjoyed the vid..looks like there was a lot of bubbles in the rib Bunnings matting ,might pay to brush them out? Would like to see how a blue bowl would handle the last Klean up ..good job.

Ya should have been more sociable mate. I cruised past in a little green machine, grabbed a bucket of pay dirt and then wacked off. Said Gday but you weren't interested. Pity coz I could have shown you exactly where to dig and what to look for. A nice little honey pot is what I've been working. Get a g out of one 15L bucket which is easy work to me. I use a river sluice so you probably saw my tailings in the creek, but not at the point you were working, and not for the past few weeks as the creek flows are fairly ordinary at the moment. Just waiting for a bit of a flood as in 2012 when the Woolshed Falls looked like this:
1456645836_2012-03-04_16.38.38.jpg

Baldy said:
Thanks,enjoyed the vid..looks like there was a lot of bubbles in the rib Bunnings matting ,might pay to brush them out? Would like to see how a blue bowl would handle the last Klean up ..good job.

Thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it. There was indeed a lot of bubbles in there. In the last one I made I found that when it's still new and gets all the pvc dust on it that the bubbles form a lot, but once it's been worked in a few times it decreases. I should have probably taken care of it in this instance but it seemed to work just fine in the end so I'll count myself lucky this time.

I've only briefly looked into blue bowls and it just seemed a little intimidating for a newbie like myself. I'm happy with what I've got going on for now, but who knows, maybe in the future I'll look at it again and feel good about it.

Baldy said:

Blue bowls work fine on Reedy Creek gold Baldy. Classify classify and classify. No surges helps too.

Parko said:
Ya should have been more sociable mate. I cruised past in a little green machine, grabbed a bucket of pay dirt and then wacked off. Said Gday but you weren't interested. Pity coz I could have shown you exactly where to dig and what to look for. A nice little honey pot is what I've been working. Get a g out of one 15L bucket which is easy work to me. I use a river sluice so you probably saw my tailings in the creek, but not at the point you were working, and not for the past few weeks as the creek flows are fairly ordinary at the moment. Just waiting for a bit of a flood as in 2012 when the Woolshed Falls looked like this:https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6076/1456645836_2012-03-04_16.38.38.jpg

Oh no. I should have. I thought the same about you. I hung around my camp for a bit after you parked up thinking you might come say hi, but you didn't so I went and had a poke around. I've got social anxiety disorder so I don't usually make the first move. Didnt mean to come accross as rude or anything. Sorry if i did. Oh well, next time maybe. Sounds like you really know what you're doing around there mate...would have been good to have a chat.

And that looks awesome. How often can we expect it to look like that? Obviously at least 4 or 5 years ey...

PotOfGold said:
Parko said:
Ya should have been more sociable mate. I cruised past in a little green machine, grabbed a bucket of pay dirt and then wacked off. Said Gday but you weren't interested. Pity coz I could have shown you exactly where to dig and what to look for. A nice little honey pot is what I've been working. Get a g out of one 15L bucket which is easy work to me. I use a river sluice so you probably saw my tailings in the creek, but not at the point you were working, and not for the past few weeks as the creek flows are fairly ordinary at the moment. Just waiting for a bit of a flood as in 2012 when the Woolshed Falls looked like this:https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6076/1456645836_2012-03-04_16.38.38.jpg

Oh no. I should have. I thought the same about you. I hung around my camp for a bit after you parked up thinking you might come say hi, but you didn't so I went and had a poke around. I've got social anxiety disorder so I don't usually make the first move. Didnt mean to come accross as rude or anything. Sorry if i did. Oh well, next time maybe. Sounds like you really know what you're doing around there mate...would have been good to have a chat.

And that looks awesome. How often can we expect it to look like that? Obviously at least 4 or 5 years ey...

I never heard of the term "social anxiety disorder" :)

Is that similar to when you dont go out in public much coz you dont trust people easily ?

There are many people around like that , i had PTSD from around 8 years old to 40 odd so i understand what you're saying.

got to keep looking for blue sky and sunshine though :D

best wishes.

HeadsUp said:
I never heard of the term "social anxiety disorder" :)

Is that similar to when you dont go out in public much coz you dont trust people easily ?

There are many people around like that , i had PTSD from around 8 years old to 40 odd so i understand what you're saying.

got to keep looking for blue sky and sunshine though :D

best wishes.

Yeah its fairly common I believe, possibly the third most diagnosed mental disorder if I'm remembering correctly.

Social anxiety isn't really about trust, but it can and does result in people shying away from social interaction ie going out it public. It's more a fear social interaction with other people. I won't go into it too much but suffice to say I can be quite debilitating. But I get by and it seems to be getting slightly better as I get older. I tend to be pretty open about it at times, and it always brings out other people tales. It makes you realise we're all just human, and that nobody is perfect.

My ex wife used to hate shopping centres and sometimes would have to sit on a bench as she got faint/dizzy spells

Latest posts