Creswick creeks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice.
1459673539_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Have any of you ever look 8) along Spring Creek which is Nth-East of town next to the Midland Hwy ?

cheers

Bugger... those are some nice finds. Now that I've moved up here (to Sebastopol)... looks like I have to get my backside out to Creswick again... would be easiest if I could escape on my own... suspect the little ones would like to come with me though.
Might need to research a bit how to get to the elusive Camp 3 (I find the sign posting around Creswick and may of the parks hard to follow/find) I think I got to Camp Ground 2 last time. Got a few days off work while I'm taking care of my wife/settling in... so might have to go out.

Ive just got a couple of Keene pans which i think are pretty good so far however im waiting on minelab to bring out their "pro gold" pan kit i really need a classifier! just got a homemade one at the moment figured for a little extra im better off getting the whole kit. Was going to get the garrett deluxe kit (with the much talked about super sluice pan) however local gold shop still waiting on them to come aswell! Apparently the super sluice is the best of the best :)

I like the Garrett Super Sluice pan myself, also use a GoldCube Banjo pan, they do alright as well but the Super Sluice is my favorite, haven't tried to many different pans though, no need now.

Got my gear ready so hopefully head to Creswick tomorrow & grab a few buckets of gravel. Looks like its going to be a decent day.

Hey Grumpydv just found a page to register for the Pro Gold Panning kit when they release it.

cecc said:
Hey Grumpydv just found a page to register for the Pro Gold Panning kit when they release it.
Yeah mate already registered :) initially they said april now theyre saying release dates been pushed back late june/july :/ ... who knows mate seems to be a shortage of panning supplies nation wide at the moment garrett pans included.. i know ballarat gold's been waiting a long time for their garrett shipment.

crumpydv said:
cecc said:
Yeah mate already registered :) initially they said april now theyre saying release dates been pushed back late june/july :/ ... who knows mate seems to be a shortage of panning supplies nation wide at the moment garrett pans included.. i know ballarat gold's been waiting a long time for their garrett shipment.

Oh right, unreal aye? They look like good pans, with the different riffles.

Well creswick paid off again today went down for the arvo seen a few people out detecting. I only ended up getting around a few handfulls worth of dirt in my usual spot before the crazy wasps started stressing me out still managed to find some yellow once i got home. :) :)
1460879974_rps20160417_175912.jpg

Spent 6 hours detecting along Slaty Creek outside Cheswick yesterday. Plenty of square head nails and a very rusted tomahawk axe head. Also turned up most of a clay jug and part of a willow-platter plate. No gold but love exploring the old sites. You can still smell the history, which is just as much fun.

crumpy said:
i really need a classifier!

Don't go all high tech ..... I just use a couple of sieves qtr inch and eighth inch on top of each other over a bucket .. wet or dry stuff, works on both and then run it through a sluice (Goldrat) at home.
Will go out and get a couple of pics for you, think the sieves were from 1 of those (army?) disposal type shops.
Cheers Tom

Here's a pic of what I use ..... simple and effective.

1495438374_img_0693.jpg

Teemore said:
Eldorado said:

They're the ones Im using ..... bugger me, didn't think I paid that much though.
They work a treat, good investment, holding up well to a bit of bashing around.
Cheers T.
They do take a bit of rough stuff,very good quality.The disposal shop in town has huge markups.He has the Aldi metal detector for sale for $399. :eek: :eek:

Latest posts