Makro Gold Racer 2 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Valued Members:

We are proud to announce the new Racer 2 - a device that customers asked for and we designed!

Racer 2 is boosted with features to find more treasures and less trash!

To view the full features, specs and pricing please visit:

http://www.makrodetector.com/racer-2-metal-detector.html

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you all.

1455109543_racer2_anabanner_eng03.jpg

Wow, didn't expect a revision on the Racer so soon. Looks like a very attractive all round package, with some very handy features added - beach/ deep mode added, iSAT, able to save settings, and a handy expanded non-ferrous range over the Racer. Will it be more expensive than the previous model? :)

The deep program on this model im sure will impress. Iv had a little play with it on another model and was very impressed.

Looks pretty solid and clever marketing with the various bucket list finds from different countries. When is it available in Aus?

Looks like this may be my choice, I am glad I waited!! This may be the answer to those iron infested tailing piles. When will it be out in the U.S. ?

AuWanderer, I think the Fors Gold + may still be the better option for iron infested tailing piles looking for nuggets, slightly higher freq at 19kHz, 10x5 and 5" coils as standard, and has the 1-40 iron range, so you can tweak it a little better.

The Racer 2 seems more like Makro's answer to the X-Terra 705, with multi notching capability, but with the added benefits of adjustable tone breaks, and ability to adjust iron volume, even turn it off! If I'm reading that right, then you should be able to hunt with no Disc, have the tone crossover points wherever you want, and turn the iron grunt down to a really low level or turn it off totally - just like discriminating iron only you're just muting the audio. Can't wait to try it.

But, for gold use, the Racer 2 has the ground phase and mineralisation level display which could come in handy, as well as Deep mode for low target areas.

Thanks Nenad for your input, you may be on track on the Fors Gold + for detecting tailings...been using the 4500 on them and as you very well know it can be a pain when your pressed for time. Sometimes you just want to speed things up last few hours and hit the good tones and by pass the iron. Basically I want a machine that punches deep but short learning curve. I always liked the Whites MXT two tone in relic mode. When I hit the high tone, I dug it, just with all these new detectors, I feel the MXT may be out dated some and may have an advantage with a new detector like the ForsGold or one of these Racers. I may be wrong but for me the more options I have to identify iron trash and even tin cans the better off I am by spending less time digging trash. Of course when a patch or nugget is found, I would clear it all.

Unfortunately, Makro haven't done their homework quite well enough. "Iron Audio" is a Garrett registered trademark (see pic below), so I'd expect a delay in Racer 2 availability once Makro get the inevitable lawyer's cease and desist letter.
1455333715_iron_audio.jpg

The CF77 does already have what they call "Iron Audio", though there is only the choice to turn it off or on, no volume control as such. Teknetics/Fisher have FeTone and the Deus has Iron Volume as different examples.

Whether the Garrett "Iron Audio TM" is registered as a US or international trademark, not really sure. If US only, there may be no recourse for Garrett on foreign detectors using the same wording.

http://www.stopfakes.gov/learn-abou...egistration-protect-trademark-foreign-country

Goldpick said:
Whether the Garrett "Iron Audio TM" is registered as a US or international trademark, not really sure. If US only, there may be no recourse for Garrett on foreign detectors using the same wording.
http://www.stopfakes.gov/learn-abou...egistration-protect-trademark-foreign-country

That's not the issue. Garrett have prior trade mark registration in the US, which is the big market that Makro are trying to get into. That could now prove an expensive exercise for them:
http://www.stopfakes.gov/learn-about-ip/trademarks/how-do-i-prevent-someone-else-using

Might have to stick with their "I" prefix as on ISat/IMask. Up to them to sort it out, they should be aware of such trademark conflicts.

As previously mentioned, the Makro CF77 clearly has "Iron Audio" written on their brochure, and that detector has been sold on the US market for several years now.

IRON AUDIO - CF77 metal detector can eliminate the iron signals produced by the soil in heavily mineralized areas. A unique iron audio on/off feature lets you choose to detect only the non-ferrous metals by turning ferrous target sounds off completely.

http://www.makrodetector.com/cf77-metal-detector.html

Even if it is a bit above the red racer, still looks like excellent value for what it has to offer. Turkish prices have it sitting just above $1000 plus shipping, though that doesn't take into account the import duties, taxes etc. :)

Yeah the addition of Notch, iSat in the all-metal mode, Deep Mode, Iron Audio and adjustable tone break is really bringing it above the feature set of a lot of competitors in the low $1000 price range, and even some machines in the mid $1000 price bracket like the F75 and F19 etc. Also, the Mineral % readout, LED search light etc make it a very competitive package.

The menu looks the same set-up as the Gold Racer, so operation will be just as simple.

Latest posts