Crystal Ball - what's next for Whites

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay, just throwing it out there.
I know the MX Sport is brand new and about to hit the streets, but now that Whites have the new waterproof platform, one must ask the question - what else are they going to throw in there?

The MX Sport seems geared to go head to head with the AT Pro/Gold, as they are both All terrain, general purpose units.

So what if they want to go after the CTX3030 market, then they would most likely want to squeeze a DFX/V3 or something new in there.

But what about a competitor to the SDC2300? Could Whites put a new generation TDI SL into the MX Sport platform??

Keen to hear the thoughts of the Whites gurus out there.

PhaseTech said:
Okay, just throwing it out there.
I know the MX Sport is brand new and about to hit the streets, but now that Whites have the new waterproof platform, one must ask the question - what else are they going to throw in there?

The MX Sport seems geared to go head to head with the AT Pro/Gold, as they are both All terrain, general purpose units.

So what if they want to go after the CTX3030 market, then they would most likely want to squeeze a DFX/V3 or something new in there.

But what about a competitor to the SDC2300? Could Whites put a new generation TDI SL into the MX Sport platform??

Keen to hear the thoughts of the Whites gurus out there.

Good Point Nenad, I haven't a clue what they are up to, there was a rumour a while back about some super Hybrid that would upset the detecting world and I know one member here sold all his machines because it was about to be released, that was about 6 to 8 months ago and still nothing has turned up, I hope they do bring something out that you don't need a pilots licence to operate like the V3i, One thing ML have proved is that you don't need to over complicate things to get the job done, So lets hope that train of thought spreads throughout all the brands,

john

You would hope they sort out the MXS first. Still reports of erratic performance & "new" machines that haven't been updated to the latest firmware being sold. And that is in the US where they've been out for a while. I'd be checking it out with a fine toothed comb before buying one here seeing as though they need to be returned to Sweet Home for updates!
Let's hope they get any further MXS housing releases right first. They must have a new PI coming as the TDI Pro is being phased out. Let's also hope they don't just stuff it in the MXS type housing & call it a new machine.

The TDI Pro Has been missing from their list for 3 or 4 months and so have 3 of the coils for the V3i and the MXT, I made a point of asking Whites at the Time if they were going to cease production of the TDI pro and they flatly told me that they had no intensions of phasing out the TDI Pro and within 2 months it was Gone.

They also posted that the MXS had been fixed and that it was now able to pinpoint a coin in Air Tests to 12 inches on a US Quarter like that was something wonderful because it use to do it at 6 to 7 inches, So I pulled them on it because using the standard coil on the MXT using the same coin it does it between 17 and 19 inches, But I got no reply,

The thing that Bugs me about it, Is the Pin point mode is the most powerful mode on a detector and if it can only see them at 12 inches in the Air how the heck is it going to see them any deeper in the Ground ? unless they are large copper coins that have a lot of Halo but the US does not have any large copper coin, I have already dug coins 2 to 3 inches deeper than the MXS Air Tests, I borrowed an MXS and the Build quality is junk, It creaks, it eats batteries, I got almost 27 hours from a new set of Duracells where as I get 57 to 63 hours out of the MXT using the same batteries, In the UK they are selling the MXS at the same price as the MXT and it is only half the machine,

From what I see of this machine is that its sensitivity is very high but it does not have the power in the real world hell it does not have it even in the Air so for my money, I will stay with the MXT and look elsewhere.

Latest posts