Not another Permit question! Different permit in each state?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clegy

Justin Cleghorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am doing a bit of road trip and will be in 3 states over a 5 week period demonstrating my products and I will have some time to go out on the gold fields in each state. (Detecting mostly, but would love to see a highbanker in Action and learn some panning skills too.)

Do I need each states right/permit/licence? or does the home state one cover me when I am in NSW and VIC?

I'll only be in each state for a short time this trip, but it will not be my last so I want to make sure I have a big enough trailer to put all the paperwork in.

Thanks in Advance.

Clegy

Im not sure on the paperwork at all, but if you are going past gympie when the weather is good you should see if you can see Yobskins Rocker in action (it's a beaut). :D

I saw somewhere the other day that licenses are not transferable. Could be wrong there.

Not 100% sure what you mean cecc but yeah - no prospecting or fossicking permits, licences or miners rights are transferrable to other states. They are all specific to the state of issue or specific to the issuing body like NSW State Forests.

Looks Like I am Up for three.

Here comes the Paperwork.

Might go see what my wife is doing............

Thankyou so much for the information, I kinda figured I would need all three.

Clegy

Latest posts