5000D Coinmaster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I have a chance to buy a coinmaster 5000d for $80. I have never done metal detecting before. I am loolto start anew hobby with my son. Any advice on this model?

Thanks

Thank you for this. I'm sure o
If this would be right for me. Im after an all rounder detector if there such detector! Any suggestions?

A few whites SST detectors show up on eBay at times I think one of those would be a good alrounder until you decide what you prefer to dig up' but $600 vs a $80 coin master? They both find coins....

OK cool. Around where I live, there are a few abandon gold mines in the south. This detector wouldnt be best suited? Would a "mine x-terra 305 be better suited maybe?

Agree just buy the best you can afford' if that happens to be a $80 coin master do some research on settings and learn how to use it as it will only make you a better operator when you upgrade.

I still have the one my Mum and Dad bought in 1977, works like a charm MC.
1424089581_sam_9176.jpg

The plastic is to stop sand and salt ingress at the beach when anyone else is using it(aint nobody gunna look after it like me).
1424089581_sam_9177.jpg

you'll find stuff with it no problem(as long as it's working),... does it come with a manual.(I have one{the original one} somewhere).
You can save what you find with it to upgrade to a better machine eventually.

She's an oldie alright, I think they used to come in a black hard case. How many batteries/type does it take Silver? :)

You can either use a 9v battery or you can use the battery pack that comes with it that takes 6 1.5v batteries or if you don't have that pack you can get one from Jaycar for a couple of dollars that fits great.

The Coinmaster 5000/D is in the Whites 79/80 catalog.

I've got a well used retired one on my wall, next to a 1976 Coinmaster.

Latest posts