24 pound magnetic suspect meteorite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whats this
1453631911_20160104_191500.jpg
1453632822_mtr2.jpg

it has passed every test and was taken to a rock show in quartzsite az where both meteorite people said they think it is , in fact willing to pay to have it tested been nothing but good responses from venders a few people said no but after researching them they dont know nothing more then me

azman722 said:
grubstake said:
A non-meteorite rock 8)
would you bet on that lol

Based on what I can see in your rather blurry pics, yes I would. Rocks that look like that are commonplace in some areas of outback Australia and they aren't of meteoritic origin.

So what are these "tests" that you say it has passed? And if you're so confident, what did you ask, "whats this"?

Definitely require some clearer shots if possible before saying nay or yay, some clear close-ups wouldn't astray either. I gather this was found in the US.?

yes it is magnetic and very good and it stays on it 24 pounds i have someone else take pic i had a stroke and hard to not shake but the two guys that sell meteorites in quartzsite az and the meteorite men fro nat geo all said they believe that it is and will pay for the test for me i am very happy just not sure who is the best place to sell it at

azman722 said:
yes it is magnetic and very good and it stays on it 24 pounds i have someone else take pic i had a stroke and hard to not shake but the two guys that sell meteorites in quartzsite az and the meteorite men fro nat geo all said they believe that it is and will pay for the test for me i am very happy just not sure who is the best place to sell it at

most cameras have timers, prop up the phone and rock untill you have a good focus and hit the timer.
modern phones can be voice activated for taking selfies so once it's propped up you wont have to touch it again
sucks about the stroke dude.

thank you well it was a door stopper for many years and has been in my family for years and my friend said if that was magnetic and i said it is very strong in fact then said lets try thee tests they passed and so we took it to a rock show in quartzsite az where the vendors said yes it was but to make sure they would have it tested and pay the cost for me to test and the one guy was so excited he asked me what it would take for me to walk away from it today and leave no ???s asked. I laughed and said 50 dollars he smiled and i laughed again .. he told me that if this passes test i would be super happy and that he is certain that it is what he suspects now i am not sure what avenue to to take to sell it , i do have a appt with a collector in feb but still don't know much about how to value it and would love as much input as possible. again thank you for all the replies