You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

AussieGamer_Ben
21 January 2016 04:26 pm

hey everyone.
today I uploaded my first gold panning video to my youtube channel. im till learning and a beginner when it comes to making videos.
tell me what u think.

Crowley's Outdoor Adventures on youtube. goldirocks highbanker.

15 users like this post: dwt, AtomRat, yobskin, Havinago, Goldpick, Heatho, aussiefarmer, mbasko, numpty, Brother, DrDuck, joao garimpeiro, Ryan1981, pjg100, Annunaki

dwt
21 January 2016 04:34 pm

Good stuff mate, all gold is good gold especially when it's your first panning effort in that location, cheers for posting up a vid clip, doc Johnson was doing it for awhile but I haven't seen one of his vids for sometime now and of course we have the infamous WalnLiz show, keep em coming mate love watching forum members out on the hunt cool

Last edited by dwt (21 January 2016 04:36 pm)

swing it..dig it...wash it...pan it...LOVE IT..

AtomRat
21 January 2016 05:06 pm

Great first vid Ben, always great to put a name to a face ( or is that face to a name, dot the t's and cross the i's lol ) and see some color! Good little crevacing spot buddy, hope you scrape out the big one big_smile

Last edited by AtomRat (21 January 2016 05:08 pm)

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

cecc
21 January 2016 05:11 pm

Good on ya Ben, cheers for sharing your vid.

Bring On The Color

AussieGamer_Ben
21 January 2016 08:07 pm

thanx guys. I really enjoy panning. and I hope people around aus and the world enjoy my videos.
im just hoping my finds get more frequent and bigger

AussieGamer_Ben
24 January 2016 04:33 pm

this is the second video I made today at mitchells creek. I love this hobby. I hope I will be doing this for years and years to come. hopefully I can be successful with my detector aswell

2 users like this post: joao garimpeiro, dwt

cecc
24 January 2016 05:03 pm

Good on ya Ben, and thanks for sharing, yeah, isn't it a great hobby. Love getting outdoors and finding some color.

Bring On The Color

shivan
24 January 2016 07:07 pm

Good to see you are finding some colour, looks like some nice spots to do some panning.
Thanks for sharing.

Minelab GP Extreme 11" & 18" DD, 2 highbankers, EZ river sluice and a growing collection of sieves and pans

AussieGamer_Ben
26 January 2016 04:40 pm

1 user likes this post: dwt

cecc
26 January 2016 05:02 pm

Good on ya Ben, nice color, and beautiful looking creek....i'd like to be let loose in there.

Bring On The Color

AussieGamer_Ben
26 January 2016 05:04 pm

cecc wrote:

Good on ya Ben, nice color, and beautiful looking creek....i'd like to be let loose in there.

u should come and go nuts

AussieGamer_Ben
28 January 2016 06:59 pm

1 user likes this post: dwt

blisters
28 January 2016 07:37 pm

AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

...tell me what u think.

Hey Ben they're nice casual videos. I reckon landscape will give a better experience for the viewer so give that a go to compare, keep it up mate.
Jon

cecc
28 January 2016 07:51 pm

Good on ya Ben, been enjoying the vids. can u show us you digging out the crevices or hole, and the sort of ground your digging whether it's hard pack or old river wash that would be good.

Cheers

Len

Bring On The Color

AussieGamer_Ben
28 January 2016 08:00 pm

I will try to.
I will have to try and get another camera as I am only using my phone. sorry if the vids are boring. and I new camera will eliminate the narrow screen.
but I cant afford it atm

mbasko
28 January 2016 08:04 pm

Your going good Ben. Best way to start out I reckon is panning in a creek. Before you know it you'll be getting a nice collection of gold together.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

cecc
28 January 2016 08:34 pm

AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

I will try to.
I will have to try and get another camera as I am only using my phone. sorry if the vids are boring. and I new camera will eliminate the narrow screen.
but I cant afford it atm

Not they're not boring, you're doing good mate, good to see you out enjoying the hobby.

Bring On The Color

nucopia
28 January 2016 09:25 pm

Mate great watching your videos keep them coming

every day is an adventure

AussieGamer_Ben
28 January 2016 09:26 pm

as soon as I can afford a decent camera my vids will be better quality. and I will use a tripod so I can focus on digging and panning rather then holding the camera

I definetly have the gold fever. im recovering from a broken leg, but that's still not stopping me

2 users like this post: nucopia, dwt

wombat72
01 February 2016 08:22 am

nice finds....im a noob to, id be over the moon with those finds smile

Sluicingoose
01 February 2016 09:17 am

AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

as soon as I can afford a decent camera my vids will be better quality. and I will use a tripod so I can focus on digging and panning rather then holding the camera

I definetly have the gold fever. im recovering from a broken leg, but that's still not stopping me

That's the way Ben, once you get bitten your hooked lol I've been panning and sluicing since Oct last year mate it's definitely exciting when you get amongst it big_smile
I want to get out to Mitchells and give it a go one day, keep the video's coming smile
Craig

AussieGamer_Ben
01 February 2016 09:24 am

Sluicingoose wrote:
AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

That's the way Ben, once you get bitten your hooked lol I've been panning and sluicing since Oct last year mate it's definitely exciting when you get amongst it big_smile
I want to get out to Mitchells and give it a go one day, keep the video's coming smile
Craig

hopefully will run into u out there one day. or if u don't know where it is id be happy to show u.

DrDuck
01 February 2016 11:46 am

Great videos Ben. Make sure you get to the bottom of those crevices, and if the material down there is hard packed and clayey with pebbles and wash in it, so much the better.

ozziii
01 February 2016 02:28 pm

AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

I will try to.
but I cant afford it atm

You should be able to set your phone to auto rotate so when you turn your phone to the landscape orientation it will take pics & video that way, then you can just hold phone sideways & the pic/video will be much bigger. Its all in the setting or maybe the camera settings.
Good video's so far too.

Still lots to learn. I enjoy panning/sluicing/highbanking & use Garrett Super Sluice pans, a Sluicy GS10 highbanker & a Gold Rat river sluice with Dream mat.

Sluicingoose
02 February 2016 10:28 am

AussieGamer_Ben wrote:
Sluicingoose wrote:
AussieGamer_Ben wrote:

Craig

hopefully will run into u out there one day. or if u don't know where it is id be happy to show u.

Yeah mate could be a plan wink

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site