newbie benalla

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all im new to this forum
Have been prospecting for many years but always learning new tricks .
I have been doing some dry blowing at reef hills of recent with a KEENE 140s dry blower .
got a sdc 2300 last week will be having a look down heathcote way next weekend
any tips or locations would be AWESOME .

Dam it took a while to find this thread ,... now welcome aboard dam it. :lol:

If you can get your hands on the DSE maps bible book, it holds many mansfield and benalla mine locations.

I've had a look around Bonnie Doon, Mansfield, Alexandra and Royal Town ( Royal Town Rd between mansfield & bonnie ) and some others close by

Alexandra info ( tourist ) desk has some great info about the gold in that direction, mabey benalla has the same. There also a few books you should be able to score from the newsagency and post office like Gold in the Shire Of Mansfield I think its titled.. ( black and thin small book )

Dropped by reef hills today on the way to south of Mansfield, didn't find Lassiter or his reef but plenty of nice things to have a look at out that way. Did not realize just how busy the hills get during school holidays. Things we do after research hey.....

Gday Dam It
Im in Benalla too (kinda new to area) and keen to get out there in the field really....
I have a Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett pin-pointer, Basic creek sluice, Turbo Pan and a metal classifier...
Normally I just pack the car with the relevant gear (depending where I go)...
some places are better for panning I guess and others im keen to swing....

Always keen for a buddy to go finding with and if you feel like hmu sometime

Colour&Shape said:
Gday Dam It
Im in Benalla too (kinda new to area) and keen to get out there in the field really....
I have a Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett pin-pointer, Basic creek sluice, Turbo Pan and a metal classifier...
Normally I just pack the car with the relevant gear (depending where I go)...
some places are better for panning I guess and others im keen to swing....

Always keen for a buddy to go finding with and if you feel like hmu sometime
_
Once you get 10 posts . Give me a PM :D

Thanks dam it :D
It'd be great to get out there with you and try our luck...
As soon as I get 10 posts ill def PM you

I had a Whites detector years n years ago and semi recently got my Garrett AT..
so for now, expanding my knowledge base and trying to learn some good tips n such.

I look forward to chatting with you more....

Colour&Shape said:
Thanks dam it :D
It'd be great to get out there with you and try our luck...
As soon as I get 10 posts ill def PM you

I had a Whites detector years n years ago and semi recently got my Garrett AT..
so for now, expanding my knowledge base and trying to learn some good tips n such.

I look forward to chatting with you more....
:D
Go to this topic and just punch a few random posts up & you will be at 10 posts in 5 minutes :Y:
ForumGeneral Chat "" What are YOU doing right NOW ""

Latest posts