M3's hunt results

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So went and hit up a spot ive been sussing out for a while this arvo after work put in about 3/4 of an hour so a pretty quick hunt just to see what was there, was quite happy with the results.

First pre dec and silver for the year a 44 thrip :D and also my first 925 silver coin :D

This place is no longer maintained so a majority of it is under grass way to long to detect in so will have to wait for it to die off but there is still a small area that is detectable. Pretty excited about this joint.

1483429305_20170103_171951-2016x1512.jpg

1483429332_20170103_172002-1512x2016.jpg

And lovin the pin pointer, dont know how i lived without one :rolleyes: :D

Cheers
M3

Nice m3 cant wait for my first florin...also....cant wait until Thursday when i get to go out again...never used a pinpointer before..But brought one of the jaycar ones and i love it...as u said ..dont know how i lived without it :D

B5MECH said:
Get that lawn mower out :eek: there's gota be a florin there :eek: ;)

Ohh don't worry B5 the thought has crossed my mind 8) :D

Considering the age of this place and what it was, or kinda still is, there could be just about anything lurking beneath the ground :D

Smoky bandit said:
Nice m3 cant wait for my first florin...also....cant wait until Thursday when i get to go out again...never used a pinpointer before..But brought one of the jaycar ones and i love it...as u said ..dont know how i lived without it :D

Yeah smokey it would be nice to add a florin to the collection, id be happy with just about anything tho i rekon :)

And the pin pointer works a treat, i used a gift card for jaycar when i bought it too so i think i only spent about 30 bucks cant complain about that :cool:

Its been a few weeks since my last swing been away for work but i had an rdo yesterday :D so thought i would spend the day chasin the goldies to keep the spendable finds ticking up, so went and hit up a few of the local playgrounds but it seemed as tho someone else had the same idea as me, the playgrounds were as dry as a bone :mad: not even any trash from the 3 playgrounds i got $1.50 so wasnt a complete waste of time. So, thought i would go hit up where i have found a 3 pence before to try my luck with the pre decs. The mower man had been through which opened more ground :) no luck with the pre decs but found the rest of the spendables there, still alot of hope for this joint :D

1485555303_20170127_145244-1512x2016.jpg

Cheers,

M3

Mower mans shed keys perhaps ?, thinking your way to success M3 ! :p come hell or highwater I shall have finds mindset ! :p

Thanks guys,

yeah i wasnt gunna go to the last spot either coz i knew how long the grass was but coz i had no luck at the playgrounds and had a little time up the sleeve thought i would fight the grass at that spot but was pleasantly surprised to so the grass mowed and got a little excited :D lucky i did.

Was a good day, abit hot and the ground has dried up a little so was pretty hard but a good day. :)

Hey guys

My finds from a new Sydney park I've just started on !

I'm guessing it was a favourite drinking place for teenagers , and a man of the cloth came around and tried to convert them , thus losing his attire !

Happy hunting

Karl

Gunter said:
Darn it, I couldn't upload the pic. Anyone know how to download from iPhone ? It keeps saying file to big .
Hi Gunter, you will have to download a photo resizer from the app store, i think pics need to be under the 1mb size. Im interested to see what you have found :D

Went for another swing this arvo chasin some more spendables. Hit 2 playgrounds in as many hours so a reasonably quick hunt, the first playground produced all the coinage with bugger all trash, and no thats not my spade in the pic that was found as well and will be a useful spare if i ever break my one while out swingin :p The first playground also produced my first coin spill, i know its not much only 45c worth but still pretty exciting :D

1485585545_20170128_161141-2016x1512.jpg

1485585577_a__24da.jpg

The second park produced only 1 5c coin but picked up this nice 925 silver chain :D was the first signal for the area too which helped the motivation to keep swinging :)

1485585710_20170128_161215-1512x2016.jpg

1485585755_20170128_161258-2016x1512.jpg

Cheers,

M3

Latest posts