M3's hunt results

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only it hadn't been for that CA-RACK ,...we'd a been looking at a 47 Florin for sure M3.
It's all got that vibe a out it ! :D

Just fixing what woulda been the first bit of a double post (ha), right here right now,... blink and ya'd a missed it. :eek: :lol: ]

silver said:
If only it hadn't been for that CA-RACK ,...we'd a been looking at a 47 Florin for sure M3.
It's all got that vibe a out it ! :D
I think you are right there silver, not to worry I'll go get it next time :D was going to go back in the morning but have to go chuck the crab pots in and have a fish with me mate, its a tough life but some of us have to do it :p

Its another old cricket oval my old man suggested he said that this oval hasnt been touched for as long as he can remember as far as changes to the oval like turning the dirt and changing the layout etc, and i think he might be right, I found the old entrance to the oval and the posts for the gate are 2 old timber log posts with the name of the park chiseled into it and that is all that is left standing, will take a photo next time, I'm pretty keen about this one.

Ramjet said:
Any day detecting is a good day. :D
To right Ramjet, its just my luck though, the first chance I get after doin the whole family thing and keepin the missus happy :D its been clear skies all weekend, finally step out for a swing and the storm rolls in haha. Oh well it is what it is, there is always next time :)

So went back again for a few hours after lunch today, I tried the other side of the oval today.

Still no pre decs :( but it is just a matter of time

The only things worth noting are 3 bb's and I'm not too sure what that thing is on the bottom it has the number 11 on it and seems to be covered in a creamy film, any ideas what it might be and how to clean it up?

1453801106_2016-01-26_18.58.49.jpg

1453801156_2016-01-26_18.59.34.jpg

1453801182_2016-01-26_19.00.01.jpg

1453801203_2016-01-26_19.00.16.jpg

Oh and happy Australia day everyone :D

Went for another swing around the oval again for about an hour this arvy on my way home from work.

Still nothing to brag about

1453891067_2016-01-27_19.48.31.jpg

I did come across a concentration of these bottle tops though, I have done a little research and the company was established in 1903 not to sure when they stopped trading im thinking aroung early 1980's
These bottle tops are everywhere I was still getting a number of these targets in the ground, the problem is they ping out anywhere between 30-40 on the 705 so cant not dig a signal like that, I was thinking of gridding this area and working it thoroughly, any thoughts?

Nice little bit of history of the town I grew up in :D I like how it says "preservative added" and "artificially coloured" haha :lol:

Also found these 2 things not to sure what they are? The top one says "made in england" any ideas what these 2 items could be?

1453891908_2016-01-27_19.50.15.jpg

Definitely grid mate and just work your way through it, its the only way IMO, I definitely wouldn't have found my PD's including my silver PD's if i didn't ;)

Top item in the last image could be part of a razor? Researching the history of out finds is another fun part of the hobby. We become detectives :D
You are putting in time over the coil and that means you are learning ;)

Ramjet said:
Top item in the last image could be part of a razor? Researching the history of out finds is another fun part of the hobby. We become detectives :D
You are putting in time over the coil and that means you are learning ;)
This is true RJ the detective side consumes more time then spent on the ground, like you said though thats half the fun :D

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

keep at it mate, took me around 15 hunts before i found something decent, my shilling. iv'e gone home with nothing too as im sure others have also, but keep plug'n along mate.

Got sick of diggin up junk at the park :rolleyes: so thought I would shoot some coins in the front yard and clean out some junk buried in the yard.

I found 8 cans of coke all buried in the one hole, weird 8) someone must of missed bin night :p im calling the find the "coke can cache" and was thinkin about posting it on the "find of the month" compitition :D

1454226756_2016-01-31_17.46.46.jpg

Oh, and I shot 41cents and a little butterfly down :lol:

1454226882_2016-01-31_17.47.15.jpg

M3

Latest posts