New waterproof Whites MX Sport

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, looks cool. I've always liked the Mxt, just too heavy n bulky for a single freq machine. Being waterproof, it would be a bonus if it works well on the beach.

In the latest Video they make the MXT look bad so I went and did their test and The test was all wrong and they also tried to say that the MX-5 was deeper but it was using a 9.5 concentric coil which on Whites machines will give an Average depth of 1 and a 3rd times the width of the coil in Depth about 90% of the time and sometimes they will go 1 and a half times the width in Depth, They even tried to say that they had better Tracking on the MX-5 and The MX-Sport where they Ground balanced these two but not the MXT, Saying the MXT can not see a coin is absolute Rubbish because I made a short Video with my phone and it Proves their Video Wrong, So I wrote to them letting them know what I thought and telling them that I made a video that was a lot Tougher on the MXT and it still passed with flying Colours, All their facts and Figures are totally wrong, So now I am waiting for a Reply. Note when they put their first video out they said the MX-Sport was to compete against the AT Pro but now they are comparing it to the MXT and it is no where near as good, I will leave it at that, But if anyone wants to see their latest video they will have to get it on YT because Steve H's site is Down for replairs and I don't know how to post my one on YT so it you want to see my Video then PM me your email and I will send it, Ok

The Coin I used was an American Quarter because that is what they used.

Also they said that the MX-Sport has a faster Recovery speed But the MXT signals on the Nails and the Coin not just the Coin.

The 2 Good things about the MX-Sport is ONE it's waterproof and TWO you can Block Edit.

Good Luck, John

Goldpick said:
Here's the MXSport clip for you John. :)

Thanks mate, that is the Video that I have been having words with them about, So I did my own video of the nail and coin test and my MXT All Pro smoked every test there, and in my video I went out of my way to try and stop the MXT from seeing the coin and the only way it would do it was to turn the disc right up,

I cant post it on YT because all I get is the word "PENDING" and nothing else but I can Email the coin and Nail test to people if they send me a PM with their email I will send it to them,

I also did one on the depth test but You Tube Eat the rotten thing :mad: :mad: and the MXT smoked it too, And there is another thing they never showed the MXT ground balancing, I have never had to pump the coil more than twice to get it to GB which is Bias in my view and then they compare a Lesser machine with a concentric coil and post the results as it being better, If I put the 9.5 coil on my machine it would have seen that coin at 13 to 14 inches, (maybe more) ??

Thanks mate your a Champ. :cool:

John

Ridge Runner said:
Goldpick said:
Here's the MXSport clip for you John. :)
I went out of my way to try and stop the MXT from seeing the coin and the only way it would do it was to turn the disc right up,

John

why were you trying to do that ? :) it was a recovery test..the idea was too pick up the coin,after recovering from picking up the iron.. i have to disagree slightly with your views regarding these tests, no offence,just another mxt users opinion :)..In my opinion, the tests, were pretty well spot on..now i love my mxt,and hate it when people slag it off, but this whites video was in no way biased against the mxt, it was merely showing how certain aspects (recovery,ground balance etc), have evolved up to the mx sport.. i agree on the air tests,which were setup evenly by balancing all the machines to ferrite (now! how often do you see guy's doing air tests on youtube do that???).. you said, you did the test with a quarter, did you also do it with a nickle? i did, coil for coil and the results were similar, i mean so similar, we would be splitting hairs either way :)
bottom line? the mxt is still a damn fine machine, that can still compete and still a fine gold machine as well..it can still hold it's head high :)

Quite simple , Because they said that the MXT could not see the coin when the nail was place near the coin, OR even within 6 inches from the coin when the Fact is it is just NOT True, And there are some Novices Here and out there who own or were thinking of buying MXTs that could rush out and trade in their machines or buy another machine because that Video shows the MXT in a Very poor light and end up buying the MX-5 or the MX-Sport, and the fact is In OZ the MX-5 costs $1100 and the MXT costs $1650, that's like comparing an E-Trac to a Go-Find and there is a Very good reason that the MXT costs $550 more than the MX-5.

And another thing some folks here will Trade in their MXTs just to buy a machine with a faster recovery, When the truth is the MXT is Lightening fast anyway so such people could be loosing money they cant afford or selling a machine when they did not need to.

That test with the Nail is a Total Lie and I know it was a recovery test and what I don't know about the MXT is not worth talking about, The guy in the Video is one of Whites programmers and I have been detecting since that boy was in pre-school maybe more and I have invested 5 and a half years and 3 to 4000 hours using ONLY the MXT although I own other machines, So I know what I am talking about when it comes to this machine, Because I have tested the life out of it and I have owned The MXT 300, MXT Pro and the MXT All Pro.

Now as for the MXT not seeing the Nail within 6 inches of the Coin is WRONG, If the DISC was set up correctly that MXT will see that coin and not only that It will Report the Nail and the Coin as 2 separate signals by either giving a Low tone then a High Tone or Vice Versa, If your machine does not see the Coin near the Nail then do a search for some of my posts and they will tell you how to set it up right,

John.

PS, Although the video I made was recorded with my phone and trying to hold a phone and a detector and test Items it Clearly shows what the MXT can Do, Most people would be surprized by what it does.

i can see where, your coming from, John..oh, and i was no way questioning your expertise on the mxt, i can honestly say, ive learned a fair bit from your posts..and thinking on what you said, It would have been nice to know, how the disc was set for that test....

anton said:
i can see where, your coming from, John..oh, and i was no way questioning your expertise on the mxt, i can honestly say, ive learned a fair bit from your posts..and thinking on what you said, It would have been nice to know, how the disc was set for that test....

If you are Coin Hunting with the MXT and you Own the MXT E-Series (first model) or the MXT 300, Try using the Relic Mode with the Trigger set in the middle because it has a slower S.A.T. speed and what this does is allows you run the Gain as high as possible, To prove this to your set, Now set your machine in Relic with the Trigger in the Middle position and set the gain right on the edge of running rough, Now either push the trigger forward or switch in to C&J and then Back the gain off until it runs smooth again, Now look at the Gain knob and see how much you have had to turn it down,

When you set the Disc get your self a nail and throw it on the ground and set your Disc at 3 now sweep over the nail turning down the Disc until it makes a high Tone and then turn it back up just TINY amounts until the Nail makes A Low Tone and when I say Tiny I mean 1/2 a MM at a time, Then Grab your coin and do the Nail & Coin Test setting up Like this and put the gain around somewhere between say 2 and the pre-set mark.

Regarding the Recovery speed of the MXT if you really want to see how fast it is, then find a clean patch of ground and get 6 coins and for a start put them 6 inches apart and put your detector in the prospect mode with the S.A.T. between 3 and 4 and each time you sweep the coil close the gap between the coins an Inch at a time and If you sweep it fast enough when you have them Very close together it will make a sound like a machine Gun, and try sweeping at different speeds and once they are close together turn the S.A.T. speed up a bit at a time and sweep them again and that Machine Gun effect will get sharper and sharper and then you will be able to move the Coins even closer.

Now in that Video they said that they could not move that nail any closer than 6 inches Now I have got $1000 That Says I Can and if some one wants to Bet a Dollar for every mm that I can get that Nail Closer than 6 inches using the standard 10" 2D (DD) Coil let me Know. But I must warn people now you will need my paypal details, Lol.

John

If you want to see what I did and what the Machine can do then PM me your email and I will show you, Ok

People need to make sure they don't get sucked in by all the Hype because if it is better than the MXT All Pro then why is t cheaper,,
It has one thing going for it and that it is water proof, It won't do what the MXT can do and the MXT's all have weather proof seals on them so unless you need to submerge the machine then it has nothing to offer,

It has some nice features but it will not Equal the MXTs, The Reject Volume is a great Idea have spent months in Iron filled sites I like that, Since the E-series came on the market I can't believe that Whites had the chance to add Manual Ground Balance and again they have missed the boat, So they are still not Listening after 15 plus years,, You can buy a Truck and order what Extras you want and the dealers/factories fall over backward trying to win over Customer who would normally buy a Chevy, Ford or Dodge But whites just build what they like and we are supposed to be excited about it, The first words that come to my mind is ( No Not Again ), Which is a pity because I like the modern Approach the MX-S has and whites know that people like Steve and many others have been asking whites for manual GB since the MXT came out, So unless whites starts to listen my money will be going to Makro/Nokta, Because I am not sure if I can wait another 15 years or whether any of us can for that matter and I don't want to Buy a rehash in a new Skin and if they are not going to listen to the Thousands of people who have asked for manual GB etc then they don't deserve my money because I can have what I have been asking whites for and have it now from and EU company, Which in one respect annoys me because I have been 110% behind whites and in the past year alone I have spent over $9565.00 on whites products.

I wish them luck and they will sell a lot of these machines to folks who just like to get out a swing a coil, But I already have a machine that puts finds in the pocket and it can run rings around this one, So I will not be buying one.

The only features going for the MX-Sport is that it is completely waterproof/submersible. It has new reject volume feature and augmode. Other than that it is limited in its target segments and target tones to the MXT and this could be why its VDI is inaccurate on the MX-Sport. The MXT has far better discrimination features, VDI from +95 to -95.

The video posted above is merely a sale technique encourage people to 'think' poorly towards the MX5 and MXT, they are trying to divert sales or traffic towards the new MX-Sport. If you don't see yourself detecting in waist height or deeper water get yourself an MX5 or MXT. Plus older eclipse search coils can not be used on the MX-Sport (Disappointed in whites for not making the MX-Sport compatible with the older search coils for V3i and MXT)

It appears the MX-Sport has a few Issues with erratic VDI's and signals hanging about too long and only 2 of the 7 programs being of use to serious users, But in All fairness to Whites they are now talking to people and US customers with a machine acting up can get a returns form and send it back to Whites and have the software updated and the turn around time is about 1 to 2 weeks, ANY machine built after 24/3/16 will have already had the software update installed, But for you buyers in Australia I would be very careful because if any of these machines are in Transit to OZ then they will not of had the software up date and seeing how serious Aussies are about their detecting/prospecting you are going to need the software update,

If you have one of these machines on Order PLEASE check the DATE with your dealer or contact Whites Directly at Sweet Home Oregon U.S.A.

Hope this helps,, John.

I read that last night, and it all sounds a bit unusual, and possibly yet another headache for Whites to deal with. So the software update has essentially increased the recovery speed of the MXS, at the expense of depth capability - at least that's the way I read it, or maybe something to do with the GB? Either way, Chuck does not seem to be too pleased with before/after test results.

Yep, I think that this one is going to do a lot of damage to their Rep, and they won't recover from this BS etc, Because Nokta and Makro have released 4 machines in the past year alone and they have another 3 on the Drawing board.

I did ask Whites about products vanishing from their lists and I got assured that certain machines were not being phased out, Just like I did before the TDI Pro vanished.

Like most folks here I have a big problem when someone don't tell it like it Is, After all we are talking about a hobby and old products, I was not asking about whats coming out in the future or National Security, Hardly a Life Threatening situation but that's the type of people you are dealing with and from people who most think of as friends etc.

I reckon give it six months on this one, and come back to see if everything is sorted then before even thinking of buying one, just too many issues at this stage. Even by then there will be better options on the market.

Latest posts