You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Mandissa
09 January 2016 08:11 pm

Hmmm , I keep driving past quarts in sides of roads in local area , new road works that scrape the batters , ect ect , been prob exposed for years so I always thought if there was gold in it , it would be picked at ect. ,,,, , yet I took a random small sample and crushed it for fun !!!! 2 small specs , So. , is there gold exposed and we just ignore it and think the old timers got it all ! , Just makes me wonder each time I drive past exposed Quartz in sides of road in old gold areas , After the bushfires we had a lot of land slips and they exposed quarts , Could they have undiscovered gold smile

1 user likes this post: stoyve

stoyve
09 January 2016 08:23 pm

Great question Mandissa,
I think a few might expand their horizons in that area, but remember that it's not legal to dig up the roads and verges, I believe that in Victoria that means right up to the fence lines on the sides of roads in most cases.
Cheers Steve

"Closed mouth gathers no feet"

2 users like this post: silver, AngerManagement

silver
09 January 2016 08:30 pm

I don't think we are supposed to mine into the road cuttings at all. smile

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

Mandissa
09 January 2016 08:44 pm

silver wrote:

I don't think we are supposed to mine into the road cuttings at all. smile

I know we not , but when it's not a main road and it's always falling into road as well , I'm sure I can pick up a bit , I'm not actually digging . And I did say I picked up a small bit smile .

But I'm sure everybody has seen a dozer on a private property expose quarts building a shed / house / dam ect and wonder if ,,,

Red robin gold reef was discovered as late as 1940 in the upper west Kiewa river and its
First test crush produced over 120 ounces of gold , . It took the person 30 years to find the reef from very small specs , yet the reef was rich , red robin is still being worked today .

So. , What have we missed

2 users like this post: Bjay, stoyve

silver
09 January 2016 08:48 pm

If you look at both sides of the road and read which way the seam runs, you could contact the landowner over the fence and heve a play on the other side of the hill to the road. wink

1 user likes this post: stoyve

Al78
12 January 2016 12:43 am

Here is some free gold if you can be bothered getting it out, VERY VERY hard rock and only small specs that I can see. Its a cut on Toodyay Rd on the West side 250 meters before Berry Rd turnoff.

eijskx.jpg

Westaus
12 January 2016 02:30 am

Thanks AI78 for sharing, shame though it is on a live tenement cry

Still may take a drive for education purposes only...

https://www.facebook.com/customfitsafety - Please like my page see specials coming up for PA Members

AtomRat
12 January 2016 09:04 am

silver wrote:

If you look at both sides of the road and read which way the seam runs, you could contact the landowner over the fence and heve a play on the other side of the hill to the road. wink

But you can follow what's in the road cutting to where you can dig it, ie quartz vein. smile

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

silver
12 January 2016 09:09 am

AtomRat wrote:
silver wrote:

But you can follow what's in the road cutting to where you can dig it, ie quartz vein. smile

All is possible id recon. big_smile wink wink

1 user likes this post: AtomRat

Mandissa
16 January 2016 10:19 pm

Al78 wrote:

Here is some free gold if you can be bothered getting it out, VERY VERY hard rock and only small specs that I can see. Its a cut on Toodyay Rd on the West side 250 meters before Berry Rd turnoff.

http://i64.tinypic.com/eijskx.jpg

Great example of what I meant

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site