Which One? Blue Bowl Or Gold Wheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PR0$P3CT0R

Benjamin
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm looking to maybe get a gold concentrator. :D
Which one do you think is best (Money Wise) or if there's any others you think are better? :/

1451478445_0000350_300.jpg

1451478445_download.jpg

Thanks,
Ben

Just Forgot to add the $price :p :lol:

"The Top One" Is $190 @ Prospecting Supplies Australia
"The Bottom One" Is $650 @ Reeds Prospecting Supplies

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben, Yes a few hours on projects at home saves you big $$'s. Most material can be either picked up on "verge pickup days" or from scrap dealers.
Not only that most times they are more sturdy, reliable & work better than a bought one.

Blue bowl home made = $10.00

12 VoltDry Blower = $60.00

Gold pipe = $50.00

Motorised dry blower =$500.00

Beach scoop = $2.00

Gold wheel = $200.00

Pick from plough disc = $5.00

Sluice = $5.00

Motorised (motor not showing, back on lawn mower) Trommel & screen

Yagi aerial = $5.00

Laptop cradle when off road at goldfields. = $20.00

Good luck, which ever way you go.

Great stuff Nightjar. Thanks for posting.
Have you ever tried to run that gold wheel dry ?
Cheer Ryan

Happy New Year

I'm handyman challenged until lately, now I would rather build than buy (even if the project looks a little funky ;) )

Nightjar

A Yagi Aerial is not a prospecting tool RIGHT? but I can think of a few holes to stick it ;)

Bazz

Nightjar, you're an artist mate-you put the commercial manufacturers to shame. I am very greatful for you posting these designs of genius and ingenuity- it has widened my lateral approach further. Good on ya for sharing. Fabulous!!
I especially like the pipe sluice and gold pipe. :cool:

Bazz said:
Happy New Year

I'm handyman challenged until lately, now I would rather build than buy (even if the project looks a little funky ;) )

Nightjar

A Yagi Aerial is not a prospecting tool RIGHT? but I can think of a few holes to stick it ;)

Bazz

Bazz, Don't know what holes you are referring too? The Yagi is a prospecting device, extends the range of the mobile up to 70km's, if it's a skip day maybe 100km's away from nearest tower. Considering when prospecting we are generally about that far from nearest civilisation.

I'll research the Yagi Nightjar. ATM I use a magnetic ariel with 2x10m patch lead extensions, up a tree or on a makeshift pole.
Back in the analog days my motorola brick phone would work on the range at Fowlers Gap- 100+ kms from the nearest tower at Broken Hill back then.
I had a sat-phone back in '98, but the bills were killer then-maybe not so bad these days??

Unfortunately the phones with an aerial Jack are gone..a bit like the brick mobile..I do like the way you beefed up your pick in the tip department ..was looking at a disc just yesterday ,thought I might make a spare pick ,but thought it would be a bit thin in the tip..now we can overcome that with your solution.cheers for that..

Telstra T96 ($39) still has a phone jack, probably plenty of others too. I steer clear of touch screens phones altogether. Seems they don't like calloused hands. To me a phone is a phone and a computer a computer. Keeping these devices separate has more advantages than not, especially bashing around the bush. My last laptop got left on the roof of the car when I cleaned out dog spew and forgot it, so now I screw my desktop and screen to the caravan bench, and carry a small phone and a magellan gps about the same size when out and about.
When I was woolclassing I would just throw the magnetic ariel up on the roof of the quarters or shimmy it up a windmill.

Yagi antennas on ebay-35dBi $20-$25, 60dBi w/indoor repeater and antenna system $55.

Nightjar said:
Bazz said:
Happy New Year

Nightjar

Bazz

Bazz, Don't know what holes you are referring too? The Yagi is a prospecting device, extends the range of the mobile up to 70km's, if it's a skip day maybe 100km's away from nearest tower. Considering when prospecting we are generally about that far from nearest civilisation.

OK! Thanks

Latest posts