numpty's finds with an old coinmaster 5000D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Numpty, for your mentioned budget I'd be looking a a Minelab Xterra 505 or for a couple of hundred more a 705, they are great detectors, many other options available but that's just what I'd get, take the other suggestions on board too and weigh up the options mate.

The xterra 705 is hard to beat at the top of that price range. Main reason there are a lot of them around so picking one up 2nd hand could be an option. Good detector with plenty of info about them.
The xterra 305, 505 and Garrett Ace 250, 350 also worth a look at the lower price range. A lot of people do well with them, Silver and Sandta to name a couple.

There are also the Nokta and Makro machines. No idea on price on those.

I always say spend as much as you can because many people want an upgrade fairly quickly.

Heatho said:
Hey Numpty, for your mentioned budget I'd be looking a a Minelab Xterra 505 or for a couple of hundred more a 705, they are great detectors, many other options available but that's just what I'd get, take the other suggestions on board too and weigh up the options mate.

thanks heatho, i have looked at them, hear good things about them too. thanks for ya reply.

reason for edit....... i cant spell here i mean hear.

Ramjet said:
The xterra 705 is hard to beat at the top of that price range. Main reason there are a lot of them around so picking one up 2nd hand could be an option. Good detector with plenty of info about them.
The xterra 305, 505 and Garrett Ace 250, 350 also worth a look at the lower price range. A lot of people do well with them, Silver and Sandta to name a couple.

There are also the Nokta and Makro machines. No idea on price on those.

I always say spend as much as you can because many people want an upgrade fairly quickly.

yeah have seen the 705 at good second hand prices. ace 250 is on the list too.

thanks Ramjet.

705 for sure. If you can stretch the money, makro racer, or fors core. Sometimes you see cheap secondhand atpros, worth looking at as well. Tesoro needs a mention as they have a great reputation, and you see then cheap sometimes. Then there is teknetics, or fisher.

Get the 705 with your budget be the best coin machine within that budget range ;) mate you get what you pay for and although the cheaper ML are tempting you will still want to upgrade in no time flat ;)

Ramjet said:
I was gonna offer my 250 for you to test drive if you were local but not sure my Barina will make it to your oil rig. 8) ;)

thanks very much for the offer Ramjet but yes it is a long way to the oil rig in a car!.

im in melbourne but dont hold that against me :)

rocketaroo said:
705 for sure. If you can stretch the money, makro racer, or fors core. Sometimes you see cheap secondhand atpros, worth looking at as well. Tesoro needs a mention as they have a great reputation, and you see then cheap sometimes. Then there is teknetics, or fisher.

thanks rocket i have been pretty much looking at all those detectors, at pro would be nice but a little out of my price.

thanks for ya reply.

Havinago said:
Get the 705 with your budget be the best coin machine within that budget range ;) mate you get what you pay for and although the cheaper ML are tempting you will still want to upgrade in no time flat ;)

i have looked at the 705 but wasnt sure about it, looked like there wasnt much target info on the screen going by the picture?.

yes im sure if i bought the 505 i'd want the 705 a couple of days later :)

AtomRat said:
I can still help ya with 705 Numpty, we will just have to get used to it mate if you go for that choice. Luckily awesome PA members have supplied us with a detailed list of target I.d's :D

thanks mate, they cant be too bad hey!, plenty of praise from known users on here.

Dave law said:
Once you have chosen your detector you will find you want a pinpointer. Just a thought. Good luck & happy hunting.

yeah i will have to grab one for sure mate, they look like they work a treat.

thanks for reminding me.

I like the Ace250 after the 5000d as that pinpoint button turns it into a proximity detector at the touch of the thumb and its just a quick release to analyse the target ,.. you can get really fast with it( believe me ). And good results. :D

have been out with AtomRat and the ace 250 he was kindly loaned by a member and he rips around with it thats for sure, it sort of gave me the shyts listening to it though :8 , it did seem like a good detector, Atom showed me how easy it is to use the pinpoint button and i thought that was really good.
i dont know anything else about them but for $450-$500 new it seems like good value.

Have a look through a few of the Ace users threads numpty and you will see their potential. :D

theres some great finds in your thread with the ACE, awesome machine for the price...... some great tips too ;)

Yeah, a bit of reading for it, but it sure does give up the goods for what it is. ;)

Shhh...tryin to sleep here bwahaha :p

You just need some time so you love those noises instead of hating them. Remeber gold can be the same as foil so you never know :eek: :D

It makes soo much noise ( less than the 705 ) because it analyses the target in two sweeps. Phantoms are usually can slaw. I'd rather a jittery noise than no noise ;) we still got some work to do. Mabey come out this way shortly mate where the grounds softer too!

I dug a .44 bullet today ( magnum possibly! ) from the creek looking for sapphire 8)

Latest posts