sheepyard opal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really into opals but that last photo you found today is incredibly stunning. just WOW

Another

1454750732_dsc_0039.jpg

i will try and remember to get pics of mates black opal he found back in the 70;s along with a couple of other opals he has

Hi Stan very nice stone mate and well cut what sort of camera do you use I can't take a decent photo.

taking photos of stones is not easy good camera makes a lot of difference still not easy

Hi Rodney
Thanks mate, I just like to cut and polish gemstones and make lots of holes in the ground. Let me know if you are ever selling any rough material, I wouldnt mind a bit of nice black.
I'm am very bad with taking photos too mate. My wife is responsible for the photos she is the professional.
She take a lot of macro (insects, plants) photos and sometime I am just stunned at her work. I world not dream of even touching her cameras.
Sometimes it can also be a bit of a bad thing as it shows up all the smallest imperfection or inclusion in the stone.
She told me that at the moment she prefers to use the Canon EOS 5D 3 with a good macro lens. I hope that helps.
Ill put on some of her picks just to show you what I mean.
The first picks are Australian emerald I cut, lots of inclusions (visible cant hide anything) but never the less a rare Australian emerald.
Second, an amethyst I cut, no inclusions, you can see the clarity in side the stone - love it.
Last ones, boulder opals, important to show all the colors.
But I'm not the expert, lucky for me she loves doing it as it takes a lot of time.
1454930151_dsc01990.jpg

1454930151_dsc02014.jpg

1454930151_dsc02019.jpg

Sluicing Stan said:
Hi Rodney
Thanks mate, I just like to cut and polish gemstones and make lots of holes in the ground. Let me know if you are ever selling any rough material, I wouldnt mind a bit of nice black.
I'm am very bad with taking photos too mate. My wife is responsible for the photos she is the professional.
She take a lot of macro (insects, plants) photos and sometime I am just stunned at her work. I world not dream of even touching her cameras.
Sometimes it can also be a bit of a bad thing as it shows up all the smallest imperfection or inclusion in the stone.
She told me that at the moment she prefers to use the Canon EOS 5D 3 with a good macro lens. I hope that helps.
Ill put on some of her picks just to show you what I mean.
The first picks are Australian emerald I cut, lots of inclusions (visible cant hide anything) but never the less a rare Australian emerald.
Second, an amethyst I cut, no inclusions, you can see the clarity in side the stone - love it.
Last ones, boulder opals, important to show all the colors.
But I'm not the expert, lucky for me she loves doing it as it takes a lot of time.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6861/1454930151_dsc01990.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6861/1454930151_dsc02014.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6861/1454930151_dsc02019.jpg

Nice, slightly bluer than some of the Aussie Emeralds I've seen. Nice regardless though. Been meaning to get out for a look for some Aussie Emeralds myself. :)

Latest posts