Nugget Finder Evolution vs Coiltek mono Elite?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Just wondering if a gpx5000 would have an advantage
Over a 4500 if used in conjunction with the new NF
orange evolution coil or new coiltek coil.

Does anyone know anyone that have done done tests
With either gpx and one of the new coils?

Thanks in advance.

Considering the new NF coils haven't been released & only a handful of testers have them + the Coilteks only been out for a few weeks I don't think your going to get any 5000 v 4500 comparisons. To be honest I don't think that many people would even be worried about or bothered testing them 5000 v 4500 as the difference in machines is negligible. By rights the 5000 should have a small advantage with improved electronics & possibly the fine gold timing in some situations but like I said most would agree it's negligible. In fact many prefer the 4500.
Most would only be concerned with performance of either coil on their own machine, whatever that may be.
My main question on these new coils, & in particular with the Coiltek one being released as for the SD/GP/GPX series, is has anyone used one on a SD or GP series & how did they rate it on those machines?
I've got no doubts they will work fine or have improved performance on the GPX's particularly the 4500/4800/5000's but the SD/GP use interests me. Maybe they may spark the old girls up a bit too? :D

Teaser...

1432987719_fb_img_1432987322928.jpg
1432987739_fb_img_1432987311736.jpg

Wolfau said:
Just wondering if a gpx5000 would have an advantage
Over a 4500 if used in conjunction with the new NF
orange evolution coil or new coiltek coil.

Does anyone know anyone that have done done tests
With either gpx and one of the new coils?

Thanks in advance.

I've used the Mono elite for about 2hrs on the 4500, and about 5 hrs on the 5000. Haven't put it over any gold yet but it works great with both machines. I've had several deep digs with it, and was suprised at how small some of the targets were. The signal sharpness is a standout. I initially thought it would be best suited to Enhance timing, but after using it on Fine-Gold I think that it compliments the 5000 very nicely.

Sold the 5k to fund another project since things
Have slowed down.

Will either buy a 4500 in the future or hire one
When needed.

One of The improvements i want to see in a coil
is tone sharpness Which seems the elite has.

Thanks for sharing.

hi wolfau. I am waiting impatiently for a n/f evolution to test on my 4500, and my mate has an elite on his 5000 so should be able to give a comparison when I get it :)

mbasko said:
Considering the new NF coils haven't been released & only a handful of testers have them + the Coilteks only been out for a few weeks I don't think your going to get any 5000 v 4500 comparisons. To be honest I don't think that many people would even be worried about or bothered testing them 5000 v 4500 as the difference in machines is negligible. By rights the 5000 should have a small advantage with improved electronics & possibly the fine gold timing in some situations but like I said most would agree it's negligible. In fact many prefer the 4500.
Most would only be concerned with performance of either coil on their own machine, whatever that may be.
My main question on these new coils, & in particular with the Coiltek one being released as for the SD/GP/GPX series, is has anyone used one on a SD or GP series & how did they rate it on those machines?
I've got no doubts they will work fine or have improved performance on the GPX's particularly the 4500/4800/5000's but the SD/GP use interests me. Maybe they may spark the old girls up a bit too? :D

I couldn't agree more with the above post great input here. I have owned a 5000 and use a 4500.

old hand said:
the nf test coils were only released today :)

Are you hoping to get one of them to test as I know I am interested in the results for one for my 5000?
Hopefully it can match that impressive 7000 air test result on a 5c coin at 21" to 23"?

old hand said:
the nf test coils were only released today :)

I missed your other post that you have indeed got your hands on one so look forward to how it performs on your detector.

Hi everyone

Just wanting to know Everyone's opinion on these two coils the 15'' Nugget Finder Evolution and coiltek 14 mono elite

There seems to be a lot more reviews on the coiltek 14" lots of promising reviews however how does the new nugget finder compare to it It is a little bit more expensive however it is lighter But I can't find any reviews to see what everyone thinks about it anyone out there using the nugget finder

Also I will be purchasing a booster Not sure what model I like the look of this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signal-B...858509?hash=item3a8ba39c0d:g:kFcAAMXQC-tS~ZN~

This is for my GPX 5000 I'm just trying to get the most possible performance out of it I will be going to western Australia next year when it not so bloody hot haha

Thanks everyone for your help :) :eek:

Just a thought if you're heading for WA ..... I have noticed a few posts for a new 18" (?) NF or Coiltek somewhere in my browsing.
If made with the new windings that both NF and Coiltek are using that should be a killer unit for the west.
If you can get one of those then maybe scale back and get the 12" version of the NF or Coiltek .... have seen great results from both and doubt there would be much difference between the two.
Currently using the 14" Coiltek and find it great for deeper targets will probably get the smaller NF Evo as well, when set up for slightly deeper targets the 14" does miss some of the smaller surface targets (the SDC picks them up for me). That may just be the I have it set as others do find smaller surface targets with them.
Coiltek v NF ..... think they're both great ----- probably just personal choice in the end.
Good luck out there,
Cheers Tom

How are you yeah that's my opinion as well they both seem to be very good I think I will just end up going for the 14 as it's cheaper I have seen the 18" on the Coiltek Facebook page Looks like a very promising Coil

However I have heard that nugget finder have something coming out that will be a game changer next year sometime not sure when that's all I know

Can anyone assist me with the boosters or are they pretty much all the same This one claims to have The biggest amp in Side And it also has a voltage meter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnhEW7yWUk

http://detectormods.com/product/48

For the 5000 you don't need a booster IMHO, unless you are planning on running a dual speaker set-up. The in-built amp is very nice, clean and un-distorted.

If you are a headphone user, better to spend your money on a decent set of headphones.

If you want a dual speaker set-up then the B&Z will do the job nicely.

Re the 14" vs 15", in a brief test I've done, I've found the 14" elite gives a slightly sharper response on sub grammers, but the 15" evo is better for depth. The 14" Detech Ultra is a good alternative if you're looking for value. I'll upload a comparison video tonight, and people can watch and listen and analyse the results for themselves.

Cheers,

Nenad

mate I really appreciate the effort
I really like the look of the nugget finder 15" that's really nice looking

How would you compare the standard Minelab 11" Mono against the nugget finder12' and Coiltek12' Is there much of a difference

Maybe I might just wait until the 18 inch comes out

Also I want the booster so I can run Double speaker set up
Thank you very much

Cheers mitch :)