New CZX Fisher Nugget Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the new CZX will be a good relacement for my aging Gold Bug 2, I have also recently sold my gpx 4000 due to Minelab dropping new prices on 4500 and other detectors, its killed the used Minelab machine sales, I was lucky to get out of mine when I did, I saved back the 14" Elite, Detech 15x8 and commander 8" round mono, got what I paid for the 4000 4 yrs ago when I bought it originally, I am waiting till spring to replace the Minelab 4000 either with a Minelab 4500 or 5000, unless Whites comes thru with their new pi, or someone else. From the sound of things there will be a couple new technology detectors hitting the market before spring detecting season.

That info has been doing the rounds for at least 6 months already & still no solid updates or releases. Until they put something on the shelves & it's being used in the real world, First Texas or Whites, its all just claims.
Just more VLF's with more bells & whistles. They sound good but will they really have improved performance or just better add ons? Time will tell but I wouldn't be selling my current gear in anticipation just yet!

Solid? Means nothing until they are released. It's just a presentation on their plans & promises not an actual machine or even a prototype. Wouldn't be the first time a detector company has revealed plans or promises but come up short when the product is delivered, especially for the Australian market.

I not allowed to say much but a recent meeting i attended with the Fisher boss has me agreeing about a new machine coming out within the next twelve months. A new staff member has joined them who designed some great machines elsewhere in the past, so is working on a new detector now for Fisher.

OK checkout the Whites Spectra V3i, not saying anything except the designer of that machine quit Whites last year and moved to the oldest detecting manufacturer.

jack said:
OK checkout the Whites Spectra V3i, not saying anything except the designer of that machine quit Whites last year and moved to the oldest detecting manufacturer.

only problem,tho Jack, is that Carl Moreland (thats who your referring to),has left his best at Whites,and went to first texas with a clean slate,all his best design ideas being patented by whites,who,i reckon,with their patent on a 'hybrid' machine, are the ones to watch over the next 12 months..

It will be a race to see who can produce this half sine wave hybrid detector first, Whites has a huge lead but doesn't seem to be able to iron the bugs out yet, Carl may find a different way to get around his own patents on the same machine sooner than you think. With the extra help it may be real soon. Still no CZX to market yet either. Am anxious to see both machines.

Well, the word is out from an engineer at Fisher, the CZX project was canned. They could not achieve what they were trying to do, possibly the new type ground balance method for added depth wasn't possible. At any rate this one is history.

As for the Whites hybrid detector project, as far as I know its still in prototype, as both a nugget machine and also as a relic machine. Its being tested not only in nugget areas but civil war relic areas.

mxt sniper said:
Well, the word is out from an engineer at Fisher, the CZX project was canned. They could not achieve what they were trying to do, possibly the new type ground balance method for added depth wasn't possible. At any rate this one is history.

As for the Whites hybrid detector project, as far as I know its still in prototype, as both a nugget machine and also as a relic machine. Its being tested not only in nugget areas but civil war relic areas.

Any idea if theres a name for this New Detector yet? Or any information floating around?.
Cheers

Latest posts