Fors Gold gold finding abilities

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
just wonder if any one has one or used it
and are they any good on gold .As they
get a good rap up in the US
kind regards to all
Mond gpx5000

These pellets from a shot gun cartridge are a good proof that the Nokta will find a little nugget if walked over... 3-4 inches deep, signal dull but not a full on grunt as you would get from most, but not all iron. I haven't found gold with it yet, but the shot are proof it is well possible. The Fors Core will do it too. Size reference $2 coin.
C
1450323386_shot.jpg

What mode were you running in? I've been trying the FAST (2 tone) mode on the Fors Gold plus and it's very impressive. Took it coin hunting and found some small lead lumps at good depth - but it was in mild ground.

I'm using BST, which is DI2 on the CoRe. Tone 1, sensitivity 65-70, mask anywhere between 20-30 (looking for relics). Where I'm detecting will have gold, just a matter of time before I hit a bit. I have a GPX4500, so when I specifically target the gold I will be using that with a Sadie coil in this area, which going by the relics has not been detected on. Loads of various junk though, so will take a bit of refining and mapping with the Nokta.
C
edit: standard 11x7 coil.

The FG and Core are both very high gained units...in the hotter grounds its not the best idea to run high levels of gain. This will cause very small none ferrous targets to pull low tone (grunt) as the mineralization is far more stronger than the tiny none ferrous targets in among it. Better off lowering the gain and lowering the Imask.

The FG+ works the same way except that its running a higher freq/. Remember when using high gained units...over modulation of the stronger targets will mask the fainter ones....and the ground is a target if your GB is out. Study up on the three GB methods these models employ, cause they work well if you combine it with matched gain and Mask levels.
Dont be intimidated by a gain level as low as 10.....there is magic happening behind the scenes if your savvy enough to take the time and learn when its happening.

Latest posts