How long would you survive

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what would happen to the well armed country folk when 2 million city folk with guns find out you have food and they don't have any im afraid the only people who would survive would be the ones that have been here for 60 000 years and still live off the land
If you look back in history you will see most advanced cities and civilisations last about 400 years at the top then fade away

Interesting about the food, a mate of mine has hippy neighbours who have stock piled seeds and semi prepped their garage for the end of time and does not believe in weapons of any kind, mate said to them i know where im going with my rifle when it turns to shit then, we had a laugh but the Hippies looked worried and asked why that was funny ? he told them well you do all the prepping work and the big bad people with guns will just take it,they were not impressed but thats what will happen

nicko61 said:
Interesting about the food, a mate of mine has hippy neighbours who have stock piled seeds and semi prepped their garage for the end of time and does not believe in weapons of any kind, mate said to them i know where im going with my rifle when it turns to shite then, we had a laugh but the Hippies looked worried and asked why that was funny ? he told them well you do all the prepping work and the big bad people with guns will just take it,they were not impressed but thats what will happen
Yep, unfortunately it's not likely that the 'meek' will actually inherit the earth when it comes down to people with guns and those without when the end is nigh. :)

Thats a good point, better off with a stockpile of sleeping tablets, than a stockpile of bullets. No way I want my family existing in such a world.

rocketaroo said:
Thats a good point, better off with a stockpile of sleeping tablets, than a stockpile of bullets. No way I want my family existing in such a world.

yeah but sleeping tablets make a Bugga of a mess of ya Barrel, lol

Sorry to rain on your parade people, but I would be more discrete about weapons and other preparations for any future apocalypse.
I know that at least half of Geelong and the West Coast will be off into the Otway Ranges so all the resources you take in will be shared etc, it will be a war zone down there.

that's going to put a lot of lead all over the gold fields again :(

blowing dams and stockpiling weapons :eek: I hope ASIO doesn't read this thread .

No doubt I will defend my land and family but at the end of the day the people with nothing to loose will be better off.

Zombie rabbits,

that organization starting with A and ending with O probably will have a quick peek at this thread now their name has been typed in.
But really, a solar flare event could be predicted pretty easily, within 72 hours or so. The order to shut down power for 48 hours or so will save everything as the emi wont destroy anything not turned on at the time the way I understand it.
I know in my end of the woods there are millions of magpie geese, there are also millions of cattle, and thousands of Buffalo to be had...then there are the fish, crabs etc
So, with a shotty and a hundred or so shells, and a .308 and a few hundred rounds, a fairly large population could be kept from starvation for a fairly long time.

I think the people who have good attitude, prepared or not will be ok. I have watched many survival programmes and mostly comes down to, ok 250kms in the desert is a long way, will walk at night , shelter during the day, she`ll be right guys ususally make it out. Either way, only one way to find out :eek:

Ever watch Doomsday Preppers and have a good laugh at the obsession these loonies go to in order to prepare for an inevitable judgement day. The reality is that some day a generation of preppers will get the timing right and inherit the earth at our peril.

I'd steal a mega yacht in the aftermath and make my way out to sea. Pirates we be. g'aarrr

davent said:
But really, a solar flare event could be predicted pretty easily, within 72 hours or so. The order to shut down power for 48 hours or so will save everything as the emi wont destroy anything not turned on at the time the way I understand it.
I think the way it works is that wires have lots of free from the sun power shoot through them all of a sudden, burning out anything and everything that can't deal with the sudden surge(whether it's turned on or not). ;)

davent said:
Zombie rabbits,

that organization starting with A and ending with O probably will have a quick peek at this thread now their name has been typed in.
I know in my end of the woods there are millions of magpie geese, there are also millions of cattle, and thousands of Buffalo to be had...then there are the fish, crabs etc
So, with a shotty and a hundred or so shells, and a .308 and a few hundred rounds, a fairly large population could be kept from starvation for a fairly long time.

The real bad flare that hit the Earth In 1859 took only some 18 hours to reach us.
Karl

After North America was hit by one and it did some damage, They realized just what the implications are.
It takes around 1 month to remove, Repair and recommission a transformer in a grid. And that is just your
normal every day transformer that we see.
If it was a big enough event, It would take years to fully repair a national grid.
Much more arcing than this one. :)
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XSHsFGE6XQ[/video]

nuggetino said:
Ever watch Doomsday Preppers and have a good laugh at the obsession these loonies go to in order to prepare for an inevitable judgement day. The reality is that some day a generation of preppers will get the timing right and inherit the earth at our peril.

I'd steal a mega yacht in the aftermath and make my way out to sea. Pirates we be. g'aarrr

why label them loonies? You might offend one, be careful!

We get hit by solar flares all the time, they actually have prediction charts, a bit like a tide chart. The charts are used to decide which HF frequencies are best suited on which day, used in conjunction with ionosphere prediction charts.
It s only the big ones we really need to worry about. The last big one, people were exposed to the equivalent of 70 odd years worth of solar radiation in one hit.

Latest posts