Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few companies that do this,i have been using a company in Carolina for 5 years and get my stuff on my door step in 6 days via fedex.

thanks HeadsUp.
Australia post I had a package from Albury delivered today, only took a week!
Australia post I had a package from Newcastle 2 days.
makes no sense.

Yeah, you can't put a time on Oz post. Do most of my shopping on flea bay and sometimes it's 2 days from sydney and 2 weeks from melbourne. Express post offers no guarantees of a swift arrival but improves odds. I'm in Adelaide.
Figure if you just allow 2 weeks for all items regardless of whether it's express or not and things will turn up in that time frame.

Nothings as slow as chinas postal system though. You buy late model spare parts for your car and by the time they arrive you can sell them as classic car parts.
Following your tracking information can be frustrating too. Using the USPS I've found my parcels will at times sneak in a week long holiday in hawaii or tour all the US states.

Had a issue with a Product..

I sent off a replacement ASAP (express) and the Forum member got the item shortly after.

Then the faulty unit was sent back to me... And I am still waiting... :)

Thus I like tracking numbers and the reason I try to post Express if outside of Qld. Cost a bit more but you can see here with this example as to why. And depending on the item, I may suck the cost up or pass it on.

So when a supplier ships and try's to do their best... Some times the process is totally out of their control.

TAS / SA / NT and WA can take 10 to 14 days if not more from QLD if standard post. And even with Express it can take 5 days to arrive, depending on where you are.

I sent a Platinum post at $35 ( next day - posted at 9.am) and it still took 3 days to get to TAS.

SORRY - Had to have a bitch... We get spoilt with e-mail and text and phone all being instant; but physical mail is different...

This was an item from TAS to Brisbane in Qld... Not holding my breath... :rolleyes:

Mon 14 Sep 2015 09:56 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Fri 11 Sep 2015 20:33 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Fri 11 Sep 2015 09:21 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Fri 11 Sep 2015 04:02 In transit SMEATON GRANGE NSW

Thu 10 Sep 2015 22:06 Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW

Wed 09 Sep 2015 15:55 Processed through Australia Post facility SUNSHINE WEST VIC

Mon 07 Sep 2015 10:19 Received by Australia Post DEVONPORT TAS

Seems there must have been free beer at CHULLORA on the 11th.

Below is a snip from another forum.

1442287484_capture.jpg

Redfin

Thought that was me - And my Stories are not 100% word for word.

BUT Bugger - looks like some one else as well !!!!!!!! What Forum...

I have been blasted by the odd buyer as to why I post Express OR why it can take so long...

So this is a recent event and thought I would share - Maybe some will have a little more patience when it comes to snail mail.

I regularly send artwork (in Aust Post packaging) for Ballarat to Melbourne (about 130 kms point to point) AngerM and sometimes i need it to make dealines so i pay extra to make sure it arrives the next day. It's amazing how often those priority parcel don't arrive until one or two days later than promised. Bloody frustrating and annoying when i'm often paying double for the privilege :(

Australia Post has gone down hill big time over the years, yet they want to charge more and more every year.

I get about one or two packages a week through AuPost. Last month I had one package coming from QLD go to WA instead of NSW, stayed in WA for 3 weeks and was stuck.

Another package went from VIC to TAS, seriously... how hard is it? Would have been quicker to drive and pick it up. That package took 4 weeks.

Yup...all standard "service" from AusPost.

I have had parcels (sent "Express") arrive in the same time-frame as having sent the SAME parcel (had to send it twice, but that's another story) by "Standard" post to the SAME location....each about 5 days from a location only 3 hrs drive by car.

I have also had parcels come to me from China in the same time as parcels sent from WA to Vic.

Anger Management....just an fyi re; 'Tracking #'s'....even parcels sent "Standard" post now come with 'Tracking' #'s, for the good it does as shown above. In my instance i sure have needed a load of your namesake lol.

IMO...if you want it to get there FAST....use a private courier.

There seems to be NO rhyme or reason as to why a parcel can sit IDLE in a Postal Exchange Centre for up to 3x days while reading "In Transit" WTF??? I do understand that trucks "can" break down, but surely they can just transfer the goods & use another one..and WE PAY that damn CEO & his FAMILY good money for this so called "service"......

I hear & FEEL for your troubles bloke...and it's only getting worse. (Bit like our Parliament)

Gypsy

Latest posts