Deteknix Wader and Wader Li users information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
* Deteknix Diver not affected.

It has come to my attention, that some units can suffer from water ingress via the speaker.

This is only a problem, when the unit is being used fully submerged....

Should fine dirt / shell grit etc get into the speaker area OR if you attempt to clean the speaker with a tool/tooth brush etc.

Then there is a strong chance; that the water proof audio membrane can be breached!

NOTE: If you do get moisture in the unit. Turn it off and remove the battery and contact me ASAP.

User resolution:

A: Contact me to arrange return details, and I will implement a formal fix.

OR

B: Quality tape over the speaker - not electrical; but a vulcanising tape. Stretch, so that it is thin enough to allow sound to penetrate, and at least two wraps. To ensure the tape is bonded nicely,

OR

C: If you believe you have the skills to perform a slightly more detailed fix; Contact me for detailed instructions / guidance. A simple and effective fix, that most should be able to perform, without special tools.

Once again, I stress that the Deteknix Diver is in NO way affected, as it has a different speaker configuration.

* An email with this information was sent out via my web shop; however not all of those that may have purchased, did so via the shop.

Hi All

I have been doing my best to contact those that have obtained a Wader or Wader Li from me. However; for many reasons - I have not been able to contact all users and many have not responded.

Email and or contact details not 100% correct or out in the field detecting... Well I hope that is where they are :)

Too ensure their pointers can remain protected - I have provided a document for them to follow. This should ensure that for all those that do not wish to return their units to me. That the possible breach to the speaker membrane, is able to be managed.

Please share with any Deteknix Wader and or Wader Li users that you know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3tQoi2-rjuNaVJTMDF6S1hOcVU/view?usp=sharing

So while a few may comment - I am mad to make it public....

I would rather have trust with my customers and any, that then wish to buy something else, is their choice.

My word / ethics / morals = I have to do something, if I feel and have experienced an issue that compromises the functionality of the product..

hi guys :).. im looking to replace my old garrett pro pointer backup, and want to try something else (read, something decent, not a turkey strait off the bat ), and have been mulling over the detectnix wader..now,let me just say, i use a whites trx and im spoilt by its demonic depth (tho, its not everybodys cup of tea, and does make you adjust your detecting habits),im not expecting the deteknix to come within coo-ee of the trx depthwise (not much does), and to be honest,at the pricepoint of the detecknix,being cheaper than garrett,minelab and whites, brings the old saying, you get what you pay for to mind..
Now ive watched the few youtube vids i could find of the wader and the wader li and too say the least,i wasnt to impressed from what i seen depth wise (including a video by one of the dealers, where it seemed he had to practally be on top of the target )..But i am interested in the wader and would like the thoughts of any of you guys who own one and your experiences on depth,stability etc...

Anton

A quick search....

Air tests are not a true reflection of performance and Functionality (Button placement / Programming etc) is even harder to demonstrate.

See post number 8 in the link below. Plenty of other posts as to the Deteknix.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=218644#p218644

A club in TAS did a quick Air and Sand test.

At our Saturday night meeting we decided to do a comparison between the various pin pointers our members brought along. The pinpointers compared were:-

Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garrett Pro Pointer
Deteknix XPointer
Deteknix Wader
Deteknix Wader LI

Air test results with a 2c coin -

Garrett Pro Pointer AT - 5.25cm
Garrett Pro Pointer - 4.5cm
Deteknix X pointer - 6.5cm
Deteknix Wader - 5.5cm
Deteknix Wader LI - 5.5cm

We also tested the pinpointers on a 2c coin buried 3cm & 8cm in sand.

The X pointer proved most sensitive again.

Unfortunately these were the only pin pointers at the meeting, but it would be interesting to note how other brands would compare to the above results.

I know the wader well. My experience is that it goes deep, has great features, and lasts many hunts between battery changes. I initially had issues with the AA battery holder, batteries not contacting properly in the holder, and battery pack not siting sweet in the battery compartment. With advice, and some fiddling, I was able to cure the issues. Value for money definitely.

I was given the Wader Li for Christmas and have used it a lot pinpointing tiny nuggets for the GPZ and never had an issue with depth.

thanks for the feedback, guys...Angermanagement, those airtest results are quite better than i was expecting :), Anger, could you give me some info on the wader li? what sort of hunt time do you get from a charge? also, if the li battery goes bad, are they replaceable easily and cheaply or basically is the pointer throwaway at that stage?

Anton

Wader Li ...

Battery can be changed with ease.

How long they last is dependant on how you use.

CONTACT Nenad from PaseTechnical. ...

He provided the review and is the man to see.

Mark

I had a few small issues with my wader when first purchased, kept turning itself off , had to tap it before it would turn on , tried a few kind of AA's , BUT --- since changing to the single nine volt battery it is still working faultlesly months later on same battery very happy with it.

webstertwin said:
I had a few small issues with my wader when first purchased, kept turning itself off , had to tap it before it would turn on , tried a few kind of AA's , BUT --- since changing to the single nine volt battery it is still working faultlesly months later on same battery very happy with it.

Check the AA battery holder - if it has 2 rounded sides and 2 square sides... Then this can be a problem.

Nenad has the updated AA Battery holders.

AngerManagement said:
Wader Li ...

Battery can be changed with ease.

How long they last is dependant on how you use.

CONTACT Nenad from PaseTechnical. ...

He provided the review and is the man to see.

Mark

Cheers for the helpful info, mark:).. i,ll give nenand an email..think i would go the li route...

Anton

Latest posts