Gold Hog mats information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just searched gumtree with "highbanker" as the search in all categories and i have found gold hog mats from detectors.com that will post anywhere in Aus for $60 each mat. (these are wide enough at 900mm + width to get a number of sections of matting) my highbanker is 300mm wide which means i would get 3 lengths of matting for $60 cheap as chips I reckon.
Get on it guys its good stuff.

Sounds ok, is that a constant supply? Or one off?

I've used them now for couple of years and paid close to 300 to fit out my HB, found to be very successful catching gold mate.

I believe Brad from Aussie Detecting & Prospecting now stocks Gold Hog Mats. I'm not sure on prices though.

xray1982 said:
I have just searched gumtree with "highbanker" as the search in all categories and i have found gold hog mats from detectors.com that will post anywhere in Aus for $60 each mat. (these are wide enough at 900mm + width to get a number of sections of matting) my highbanker is 300mm wide which means i would get 3 lengths of matting for $60 cheap as chips I reckon.

posting the link mate www.aussiedetectors.com
cheers

Hi guys, just went to tuena last week and tried goldhog matting in my hibanker for the first time, it was a complete success , do s cleanup every 4 hrs ... maybe 2 cups of concentrate to deal with .... swweeeet. ( they talk a lot about hi water volume required but that not really required ) ( depending on mat type ... ur, razorback require medium flow... scrubber require high flow so u have to b careful how u mix them up... good luck. as long as u have your angle right u will do well.

Yup
It is really good
But you need to get the Mat to suit your area
The bigger ones are not so good on Oallen gold
But the UR is off the chart :)

xray1982 said:
(these are wide enough at 900mm + width to get a number of sections of matting) my highbanker is 300mm wide which means i would get 3 lengths of matting for $60 cheap as chips I reckon.

They are only 15cm long so you'll get a 450mm long riffle section using one mat.

I use GH mat in a 150mm & a 300mm sluice both 1800mm long. Good mat but you need to watch Doc's info regarding flow rate ans interpolate for your sluice size to get the best out of them.
Mine run @ about 8 degrees easily setup with an inclinometer on a smart phone.

I'm using the mats too ... because I bought the GoldHog stacker highbanker. The angles are pre-set with this unit ... provided you set it up an flat ground/adjust the legs correctly.
There's LOTS of videos on goldhog dot com to assist in water rates etc And pretty much any other questions that you might have on set-up of mats, sluices etc
I've never looked back since I started with the GoldHog and matting system!!

Hey Kate good to see ya over here !!
Yep the Gold Hog mats once used right you'll never use anything else.

i just finnished installing goldhog matting into my wallbanker last night....
1388863631_gh.jpg

Like i said, i only just put it in last night, never used it before, but i'v Watched most of doc's Vids so iv got a reasonable understanding on it.
Now, im a tru beleiver in breadcrate and rubber moss matting underneath so this should be fun to experiment with.
One thing i have noticed is that having the GH matting in makes the overall setup HEAVIER, but, if the cleanout is easier then so be it.
Im running, Razorback/UR/RB/UR/RB/RB/UR.
Youll notice iv got expanded on the tail end, im gonna cut some more to cover all the UR peices, essentially just play around with it UNLESS....
What matt/configerations are you blokes running? and do yooz run expanded over the top? just wanna milk ya brain.

Hi trenchfighter
I personally don't put anything on my ur matting, tried it once but it just blocked up the matting. they work well on their own. I run (ur, ur, rb, rb, sc, sc, rb, ur..)
Run for most of day and have 2 cups of concentrate to deal with :D

Nice Tige, Nice.
Did You by any chance keep testing your tailings for loss? / was there any loss ?
thanks for the info on not using expanded over the UR, cause it woulda made it a bit fiddly.
cheers brother!

I check pretty often but rarely find anything , last trip I did water was pretty short on supply so had to deal with dirty water , I hav a 2 feet extension that has minors moss withexpanded over top to catch any thing missed due to wavering water pressure but there was bugger all in it ... :D

Hi guys,
Im new to prospecting, I too also run a sluice with hog mats. Something like Docs monster Hog. 400w x 2400l
I run UR,SCRUB,UR,SCRUB,RAZ,RAZ,UR,RAZ,UR,UR,UR.
It works a treat with what I have done. It first tested it with some pin head size lead, and it caught it in the third UR section from the top header box, (each mat section is only 6inch long). I then ran some dirt from out Warrick (QLD) way. In this dirt didn't find any pickers but heaps of fine gold from only x4 20lt buckets of dirt. Please excuse my further description. To describe the super fine that it caught , it would be super fine specs about 1/16th size of a spec of kids glitter. I could only see it glistening at night with a torch or in certain light in the day. Does this sound like gold? and is it normal for a sluice to catch this? It was a tailings heaps from an abandon mine, that had been leeched. Cheers guys
Dave

slowflow said:
I use GH mat in a 150mm & a 300mm sluice both 1800mm long. Good mat but you need to watch Doc's info regarding flow rate ans interpolate for your sluice size to get the best out of them.
Mine run @ about 8 degrees easily setup with an inclinometer on a smart phone.

Good call 'Slowflow' with the smart phone inclinometer application. This app makes short work of the setup. Mine liked it better at about 10 degrees, but maybe that was more to do with my water flow. Thanks for the advise. I highly recommend getting an inclinometer app.

How mu water are you guys running on top of your mats? Recently ran mine, but still have some tinkering to do. I run UR-UR-razor-scrubber-razor-razor-scrubber-razor-UR-UR for the top box and scrubber-razor-razor-scrubber-razor-razor in the bottom section. I like it so far, but I have only had it out once.

Hello all can some one give me some gold hog dealers in Australia
The price of shipping for the states is crazy thank in advance

Latest posts