AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skipping the thrippies AR ! :lol:
good hunting :D
8) :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
don't often see 4 shillings coming up :Y: ,... usually florins ]:D

Hahaha cheers everyone, it was a bit of a honey hole and has produced some awesome finds with not too much trash.
The BB's and odd ring pull stuck 2 feet under a tree root the size of a thigh, always makes for an enjoyable moment.. LOL
If im getting the 1c then im certainly not missing them. They have been on and off. One area was an excess, sometimes I think they had some table game setup for lollies as a reward and threepence or 1c coins rolls down wooden slots..i dunno sometimes its as if certain areas.only have certain dized coins at times, and many other places are just random. The more you hunt, each target pieces together a story of the big picture. Lol @ 4 floz silver, he got them good hahaha Thanks again Heatho, see what else we can pop, we need a good couple of solid days again :Y:

Today we took to the ground like hungy hippos (literally cause we forgots lunch!) and swung some more again till we both felt sick lol i had a couple of nice coin spills pre dec, we also did some hardcore gridding as well for the whole day. The 'opal' ring is a junker.. A fake.. A fraud. It deserves to be molten slowly by acid. I like the boat HP i scored, shame many of todays coins for both of us, especially coppers, had been in the wet too long and well corroded. Great swing again man :Y:

17457993_10154505514486279_8732844667805953699_n.jpg

17457799_10154505514906279_1185793267961278788_n.jpg

17309617_10154505515961279_1668882905457665350_n.jpg

17426066_10154505516211279_3298012791619359795_n.jpg

Heatho said:
Nice hunting AR, what makes you say the opal is fake?
Its very obvious i recon mate. The gilding is peeling off the metal, i thought plastic was under it but it seems that cheap pewter type now. The 'opal' really seems to me as if its a piece of colored foil which has a pink backing (like a 1970 toy pink), the clear what I would say epoxy on top of the foil has several bubbles within. None of the rocks are held in a proper seat and they do not have claws to hold them in at all. In fact, the 'opal' has a gap between it and the fake 4 claws. They are certainly not holding the rock. I just noticed they even stuck it on wonky too haha. Yeah..shes a junker. Al got the real jewellery today :)

B5MECH said:
8) a five stack of shillings :eek: top run AR, gota be happy with that :rainbow: :party: :Y:
Hahaha sorry B5, i refuse to put my coins under water now so values wont really be seen. Theres three shillings, two HP on the left. Sorry I did notice id not spaced them enough apart though :Y:
cheers mate :)

AtomRat said:
B5MECH said:
8) a five stack of shillings :eek: top run AR, gota be happy with that :rainbow: :party: :Y:
Hahaha sorry B5, i refuse to put my coins under water now so values wont really be seen. Theres three shillings, two HP on the left. Sorry I did notice id not spaced them enough apart though :Y:
cheers mate :)
Ahhh 8) forgot to use squinty eye :lol: :lol: :Y: nice stack though and one lonely goldie hangin in the BB zone :eek: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts