AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
Takes a bit of dedication and concerted effort when doing catchup posts,.... I find myself still digging while doing that, and it stretches out even more,... till at last it all becomes current, with a sigh of relief.Amazing how many nails can turn up at school.
And you're saving a few feet in the process as you are cleaning up AR,... and the petrol money and PDs are coming in alright too. :D
I like the ring :eek: and square nails too. :D
I guess I got a boost to get the posting started of my finds, I've still got last years to display too. At least theres no junk in that though. It horrorfies me what I find in playgrounds, so certainly no burden on my shoulders when I come across them. Needles are the worst, disgusting :mad: :mad:

Don't think we've seen any square nails apart from the horseshoe nail fragments yet. They are coming. Ill try and get closeups of as much as I can for detail :)

Phillip Island - Cowes beach with dylanpennack23 this day. We found out how much the Eureka Gold hates wet salty sand as it screamed is most areas. Even the bedrock there has iron under the dry sand! Did what we could, Dylan scored an old chinese coin with square hole and I scored another cheap ring, stainless with skulls on it ( will post this in morn )

Due to the sand and busy crowds throwing comments every two seconds, we didn't attemot detecting long after our hard day of finding crystals earlier.

$0.66

1447242262_14472421970650.jpg

1447242285_14472422059921.jpg

I havn't had to buy a lighter foreever(seems like that long),... and they always(nearly) are gassed up and working fine too. :D
Looks like you would have found the gold had it been there under the coil. :D

A locap park very close to an old train platform. Started to find many signs of a farrier possibly with the amount of blacksmithed horseshoe nails I was pulling. Will return with patience soon. Silver buddah gave me some sort of luck on the day I guess lol

Don't know what the solid round ball is, possible pistol round. Not a sinker.

$12.35

1447243075_14472430154531.jpg

1447243095_14472430079190.jpg

Think I'll wait till morning and get some better snaps in daylight and probably even re-do what I've snapped so far. They look a bit too silhouette like, and hard to see. I guess these finds don't need that great detail though and ill be taking clearer shots of the finds when cleaned as well..

Looks like you've been holding out on us with all those finds! ;)

Your finds pics remind me very much on hunting with my Infinium - dig everything, especially those darned annoying bobby pins and calipo lids. For something so thin, the bobby pins scream on the PI, and at ridiculous depths too. My partner used to take the xt17000 down the beach, and it got pretty good depth in the dry, though wet sand was another matter. :)

The camera issues really stopped me from posting them, but I figured why not, and others wanted to see too :D no good talking without showing the proof I guess hey

I don't mind digging nearly everything. I mostly target things that sound like a coin. Hopefully one day an AT Pro or similar will stumble my way one day.

Anyones free to join in with me if someone's close by

This was the third time I'd ever swung a detector in the goldfields. This was shortly after Sniffy had handed the Eureka to me and getting used to its noises. Many nails and tacks of various sizes..5c.. no gold. This was the day I left probably my first signal in a bit of slate on Garfield wheel cyanide tanks. Tell me if its gold if you go there ...or retrieve it for me ;) square slab of slate.

First hotrock I've found ( still gotta check ), many shells, round bullets of various sizes and slugs.

1447282519_14472824548470.jpg

1447282545_14472824657871.jpg

Ramjet said:
Just caught up on the last couple of pages of finds. Damn AR. You have been smashing out the trash. :8
Just keeping Australia tidy mate ;) haha how's your back feel after seeing what I dig :p

I don't think its normal to dig this many signals...no discriminator :(

Picking up and collecting trash will always give you a good name, keeping others off your back.

It annoys me when bystanders say 'he's probably finding rubbish'...yeah..your bloody rubbish you lazy...% $#

This was the site of the early 1900s Beenak School way out in the hills and bush, past the Aboriginal cemetary. I was hoping for some relics but the junk there was too much. Been used as a dumping site, shooting site and slaughter site and trash everywhere. I was only there 30-40 mins. The bush to the side was very dense and snake filled, but ill go there again as you can clearly see the boundaries that the pine trees lay for the school going down the dense gully, so lots of ground here to find goodies! I know they will be there!

Mmmm icecream..

1447284984_14472849061670.jpg

1447285006_14472849145921.jpg

Nice catch up AR!!!

I hear ya on the Play Ground junk. The amount of left over "bits n pieces" from putting the equipment together sometimes makes me think my kids should not be jumping around so much on them!!! :eek:

Keep up the posting even if it is junk, I still enjoy looking through what you have found!

Cheers!

Mike. ;)

Mikezoom said:
Nice catch up AR!!!

I hear ya on the Play Ground junk. The amount of left over "bits n pieces" from putting the equipment together sometimes makes me think my kids should not be jumping around so much on them!!! :eek:

Keep up the posting even if it is junk, I still enjoy looking through what you have found!

Cheers!

Mike. ;)
Only a couple more bags left I've just taken photos of then I'm done ( apart from the bags I havnt found in my house )

Cheers for the comment mate, glad your enjoying it :D I feel removing those spikes is just the right thing to do and I have two young daughters myself

Latest posts