AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this down at the local goldfield creek detecting yesterday. Any clues? Its green like copper oxidation but also looks gold plated.. so its probably brass. No clue what its off, just bigger than a 10c coin. Only thing worth taking home from this trashy location

1446174338_14461725518430.jpg

I've still got to catch up the bags...

Does have a similar appearance being a small detailed object. I'm thinking mine is broken off a delicate bowl and it could have had this pressed pattern all over.

At the same time it could be a pendant..good luck charm.. etc. The area I found it is an old miners dump. Pairs and pairs of shoes n bottles scattered everywhere throughout the ferns and muddy flow

It does look very similar, although much smaller. Mine has the same construction, pres copper with gold gilding. I could imagine there would be all sorts lying around those dumps, might be some old fob watches mixed amongst the "junk" if you are lucky. :)

Goldpick said:
It does look very similar, although much smaller. Mine has the same construction, pres copper with gold gilding. I could imagine there would be all sorts lying around those dumps, might be some old fob watches mixed amongst the "junk" if you are lucky. :)
I do have one watch..unsure of anything with it. Ill be posting it when I catch up on my findings through this thread

AtomRat said:
I think I've collected all my finds bags for the past few months from around the house n car. I'm sure there's a few more. Anyway, I've got a lot to post in here and catch up on :lol:

Oh boy see what you mean that's a hell of a lot of Bicarb, olive oil and what else to clean up for display :lol:

Ill just start to run through what I've collected so I can clean the lot in one go after I've posted. All of these finds have been found with either an old Whites GOLDMASTER 6100-D or using a Eureka Gold, discriminator, fast, normal, sens 1/2, volume half, 60hz.

This was todays effort at a park with very large wide based oak trees at least 3m wide with concrete bridges surrounding the park. My return to this spot will be more rewarding than todays taste. Constantly I was talking with the crowds as it was the first time alone. No one concerned at all and two brothers scored a couple of dollars too 'helping' me out.

$9.65

Most exciting thing I had today was removing the massive nails from the fresh tambark, which is always a relief to me.

1447236296_14472360892871.jpg

This day was with permission at a local school. Didnt find out where the original classrooms were until I was leaving. Will return here next school holidays

$11.36

Tiffany & co pendant the bonus for the day and a dodgy ring. 5 playgrounds and two sandpits. Ill remind yall, this is basically zero discrimination. Beep and dig.

1447237422_14472373750030.jpg

1447237748_14472377017580.jpg

Ahh..this is why the park was soo clean today! This was a few weeks ago, same park with massive trees but I also remember me and my partner had a fun day detecting. We hit 6 parks I think around the town and a train station which was too hard to dig into. So this was the days work:

$4.01
Penny - 1957
Half penny x3 - 1951, 1947, 1942
( one penny damaged :(, not me I swear! )

The day of bobbie pins! Also found fragments of old horseshoe nails, triangle sinker, bits of tile?!

1447238846_14472388156191.jpg

1447238871_14472388079590.jpg

1447238892_14472388226662.jpg

Takes a bit of dedication and concerted effort when doing catchup posts,.... I find myself still digging while doing that, and it stretches out even more,... till at last it all becomes current, with a sigh of relief.Amazing how many nails can turn up at school.
And you're saving a few feet in the process as you are cleaning up AR,... and the petrol money and PDs are coming in alright too. :D
I like the ring :eek: and square nails too. :D

Latest posts