AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got to start posting some finds and have a gallery too :) have many bags full from seperate dates and will upload them as I go. I havnt specified which detector as I swap through a couple most days. Ill label what I can though about the day.

Today I got permission to try an old school. For starters I hit 3 parks with tambark and 2 sandpits and then next weekend will return for where the old school building was. Used my Goldmaater 6100-D today until it started 'pip'ing at me indicating low batt
I should remind you this detector has no working discriminator hence the nails but I don't mind

Silver tiffany & co pendant 925, could be some value. The chinese pink plastic gem ring..no.

1445152540_14451508888640.jpg

1445152563_14451509002971.jpg

1445152585_14451509088422.jpg

aussiefarmer said:
No matchbox cars ? what sort of school was this lol :lol: nice pendant looks like it should be on a set of keys
Look closer under the pendant mate ;) see the red n yellow thing? That's a matchbox hood hahahaha

On the web the pendant is usually on a silver basic necklace..sometimes with a key, $250 brand new :)

Heatho said:
Onya AR, that Tiffany pendant is a great find, well done.
Cheers mate, I had no clue what it was until I showed a friend online who knows the brand. I thought it was a token from an old shop :lol:

Who knows what else I've found.. ill get to posting them over the days

To be honest I reckon Tiffany is over-rated, the modern equivalent being Pandora but the girls go crazy for those brands..... :D

Glad you've started a detecting thread.

Good work AR, the Valley should reveal a few nice treasures considering its history. Good luck mate.

Going to be great seeing what your finding AR,...good on ya mate. :D

Cheers guys :) ill get some more pics happening...lots to come from before today. I've got each day in sandwich bags ready, its how I store them until a final sort. Really appreciate the comments

Here's a couple of my salvaged bigger items and things from miners and logging early days locally. They display well in my front garden. These were found with a very basic detector over 3 years ago now. Before anyone sais I should have left them there, I've saved these items from full destruction out bush. They are just holding on. The flywheels were half a metre buried and the harrow only had a handle poking out the dirt when I found it. Unfortunelately I sold a few bigger items like full shaft and pulleys and other flywheels

I had two of the flywheels, one stollen which was not as bent. Several pairs of boots, horse equipment, bottles, tools like picks, hammers, shoes, shovels, forks, harrow, wheels and skulls of random animals :)

1445909170_14458330853180.jpg

1445909190_14458330959391.jpg

Thank you! It stops a few walkers and cars to have a geeze every once in a while :) sometimes get questions knocking at my door from an old couple ..etc I love displaying it. If I had a source of water, I'd have a waterwheel built in the front garden so I could run machinery off it. ... I have thoughts on this and it is still possible.. don't you worry ;)

It made me feel sick for weeks leaving these in the bush the way they were after I dug them out. Even bigget machinery like engines, tractors and converyer belts I drag out of the bush and to the closest path / road as an attraction which tankfully uave been kept and looked after by those visitors too!

A lot of the valleys history is horribly being forgotten, bulldozed or sinking into the clay. I need help really to preserve more but the old folk at the museum are not interested. Bottle and historic dumps are all over here

Hey Art, It sounds like a place I will have to check out on day. I spent time around Bandina and had no interest at that time but looking back I missed a good opportunity. I hope you keep doing what you are and one day you may get a helping hand. Do you have any local restorers ?

Cheers, DD

I did restore stationary engines ;) not anymore but I know all the historic machinery guild which is local as well :)
I probably can't remove nothing too big though... I think that comes into heritage acts etc. All crushers and steam engines have been dismanted and scrapped or at the museums. None of the old gold machinery is useable..long gone. I've found ruins and remains of batterys with nothing but some steel and iron sheets from the room laying on the forest floor.

I don't know Bandina

Latest posts