Hog Pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1445113193_20150426_135228-1-1.jpg

Made my own and only cost me a day of my time...granted not everybody would have access to the tools required to work with metal but id imagine if u gave the specs to a metal shop they could knock one up for a fraction of the cost.

josmarc999 said:
Hi cecc,

Aussie Detecting and Prospecting ( Bendigo) have them..they are pricey though $490 :|

Wow forget it, I'll stick with my Garret Super Sluice.

DrDuck said:
Check out the Pyramid pro pan. Works on a similar process, and much cheaper. I have one, and it works well.

Thanks can u get them In Aussie.?

Gold Hog in the US, with a forwarding company.

I'm about to get a HB from there, ordered and on it's way.

worked out to be $250 cheaper including postage (in AUS $$)

Forwarding company i use it: ComGateway (google them)

I was looking at a Gold Hog instead of a small river sluice.

Is there a reason it is garbage?

Any other feedback?

I was using it all week and there was nothing wrong with it...trapped the same gold i always get. It hasnt smashed yet..or changed shape or turned into a gold stealing troll. So i guess you should be fine.

Thanks yobskin.

It looked like a good alternative to a small river sluice.

I may pick one up.

Ah..think there is a 'terminology issue' happening here...

I have a green 'Boss Hog' plastic pan that is almost identical to the Garret Super Sluice green plastic pan. I am sure that's the same pan Yobskin was referring to. WE got them from the same place..they are a great pan with a really wide base.

The 'Gold Hog' pan is a metal thing with a feed shute in the top and a capture tray in the bottom...I may be wrong on this. It's another invention from the US..I I have no idea if it works or is just a gimmick. :)

Latest posts