New Nokta detector - Impact & Deus upgrades for V4!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Snippets of of this new detector were revealed at the Paris detector show, with the new name "Impact". The Impact detector has some passing resemblance to the Makro Racer, though the Nokta branding is being used for this particular detector. From the screen functions, looks to be a mix of the Racer and Fors Gold+/Core. Release date sometime in 2016.

http://www.detecting101.co.uk/nokta-metal-detectors-look-to-the-future/

1445009021_nokta-metal-detectors-impact-balance.jpg

1445009043_nokta-metal-detectors-impact-screen.jpg

The Deus was also showcased with the new 2 box coil, and professional Deus forensics kit for the Police. There is another French clip doing the rounds on you tube confirming a new small coil, and possibility of an extra high frequency, maybe focussing on gold. XP also indicated that a new pinpointer will also be developed next year. Other improvements include better ID's at depth, and improved iron rejection.

http://www.detecting101.co.uk/metal-detecting-show-in-paris/

It has been mentioned on Detector Prospector by Nokta/Makro that this prototype will be end up being a multi-frequency detector. By saying multi-frequency, I assume this means selectable frequencies, considering there is a "frequency" select option on the control screen (other than freq shift). Going by the additional features and frequency options on the Impact, looks like it may be aimed at breaking into the Deus market. Interesting times ahead. :)

A part of a email from nokta ,,,,,,,,,,

1) Rebranding the Makro RACER under the Nokta brand name

2) Noktas future projects including the Impact

With option number 1, there were a few emails exchanged however when the situation was evaluated, the final decision was not to rebrand the RACER but rather wait for the future Nokta projects and Impact was the one in discussion. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and confusion at the Kellyco end certain posts were made for a product that we had decided not to move forward with already. When I saw the posts, I personally made the call and asked them to be removed.
So to clarify it even further Currently no product called Impact exists at this time. There is a project called Impact in the works which is really very early to talk about but that project has nothing to do with RACER in terms of design, features, specs etc. The features or specs have not been implemented or tested yet. The price point-definitely above the RACER range. RACER customers should not be concerned as there is no Nokta product being launched as seen in the images in the Impact posts.
There are some posts accusing us of being not honest where I personally made every effort to be as sincere as I could. However, honesty does not mean we can share all our future projects on public forums. No manufacturer could afford to do that.
This is all I will share for now but I will be here to answer questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

That from was from earlier in the year when a picture of the Makro Racer rebadged as the Nokta Impact was released on the Kellyco site through a "misunderstanding". It is now obvious that the "Impact", when eventually realised, will be a completely different detector, both in operation and in form. Despite Nokta & Makro now merging, obviously in the past there were preferences to one brand or the other by some customers in certain markets, hence why the alternative branding of the same detector. Why it ended on Kellyco is beyond me, but it obviously ruffled a few feathers at the time for some US Racer owners.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/nokta-makro/451867-new-nokta-impact.html

I think 2016 was mentioned as the release date, no doubt we will see more updates leading up till then. :)