Glenelg River weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1444899107_img_2412.jpg

Arrived down at Nelson late this arvo for a long weekend chasing Mulloway, Bream and EPs on lures and flies. Hopefully i can posts some fish pics up in a day or two. Have a great weekend everyone :)

Nice work SCROUNGER and to think, here I was trying to workout where you would be chasing trout in that system :/ Mulloway, Bream and EP's? Now that's my style of fishing :) I love those over hanging banks on the opposite side :) It's an awesome river. I remember watching Mulloway smashing Mullet just up past the boat houses on the pre-fish of an ABT. Ah, those were the days :D Hope ya get amongst'em SCROUNGER and I can't wait to see the photos mate :)

One of my very favourite places in the world , the kayaking trail with campsites provided for kayakers right up the Glenelg is a tremendous few days paddling. Donovan's landing is of course is the best part as the Glenelg pokes into SA for a few miles ;)
Seriously though , such a serene and beautiful river and great family holiday destination. Many years ago Scrounger I was lucky enough to land a 46cm bream at the clay cliffs and have never come close since. It would be nice to paddle the whole length of the river with a lure out the back and the SDC strapped to the front as I believe there has been gold found in the upper reaches

Have a great trip

Bacchus said:
One of my very favourite places in the world , the kayaking trail with campsites provided for kayakers right up the Glenelg is a tremendous few days paddling. Donovan's landing is of course is the best part as the Glenelg pokes into SA for a few miles ;)
Seriously though , such a serene and beautiful river and great family holiday destination. Many years ago Scrounger I was lucky enough to land a 46cm bream at the clay cliffs and have never come close since. It would be nice to paddle the whole length of the river with a lure out the back and the SDC strapped to the front as I believe there has been gold found in the upper reaches

Have a great trip
Thanks mate, i've just got home and will post something later or tomorrow. But in the meantime Bacchus, there are numerous (and i kid you not) 42cm+ bream being taken at the moment. Most on crab and up around Saplings. It's worth a trip if you can get down there quickly.

Chewy said:
SCROUNGER said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1444899107_img_2412.jpg
Arrived down at Nelson late this arvo for a long weekend chasing Mulloway, Bream and EPs on lures and flies. Hopefully i can posts some fish pics up in a day or two. Have a great weekend everyone :)
I might have to come for drive tomoz Scrounger and say g'day. :)
It was good to catch up down there Chew and have a beer mate. Thanks for calling over. :)

Latest posts