New Whites detector ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziii

Paul
Reaction score
On Facebook today & was told Whites are testing a new detector & that they won their court case against Minelab (not sure when that happened) about the patents.
Anyway, this new detector sounds like its meant to be pretty good, better than the SDC 2300 & close to GPZ 7000, if that's the case then Whites will have a brilliant machine to sell & the price is meant to be capped at around 4k.
The person who told me this had spoken to Brian (MJ & RB coils & Whites dealer) & been told the info, he's waiting for one to turn up soon for testing in Australian conditions. If this is all correct then it may not be too long before Whites has something that will easily compete against the top detectors but still be reasonably affordable.

Anyone know anything about this.

I'm not sure, it could be. Was something about a patent that Minelab had but it was actually Whites patent, does that sound right.
Anyway, White recently won the case from this person was told so now they can make or release this new detector.
This person wasn't told much, only that Whites won the court case & a new detector is coming.
Just have to wait & see I guess, unless someone who knows Brian a bit better can speak to him & see what they can find out.

Something about data transfer from 1 detector to another the 2010 case was about. Not sure about the latest, but the technology was invented here in oz in 2000 and a patent awarded here in 2004. In 2007 Minelab started legal action against Whites for infringement of the patent. (Whites V3) Minelab USA had exclusive rights apparently in the USA. Watch this space I guess. But I don't see anything anywhere about Whites winning that one. But hey! All rumors are true until proven otherwise. :D

This is what Brian had told a person so I'm only trying to find out myself whats actually happening.
Brian does testing here for Whites so would probably be told/given info about some things that others wouldn't normally hear.
Either way, it will be interesting to hear what is actually happening & if Whites do have a new detector on the way, specially if its as good as I read it would be.

So from a quick look, it seems Minelab just want to stop Whites from being able to hook detectors together or to a computer so they can't set or change or exchange parameters & settings or something like that. I only had a quick look & read though.

ozziii said:
specially if its as good as I read it would be.
Can ya point us to what your reading?
Been utterings forever & then some about a new Whites hybrid VLF/PI or some other new fandangled thing or another coming soon. I suspect if it was getting close to reality the US forums would be abuzz, especially if Whites had recently won a court case against Minelab, but apart from here I can't find nuffin' else apart from a few rumblings from the 2010 case.
Not much in the way of any rumours from the US of any imminent testing &/or release of a new machine but there was this from nearly 12 months ago:
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/400-new-whites-patent-constant-current-metal-detector/

If they haven't even started testing it down here then it could still be a fair way off yet.

It was just on a Facebook group & was comments from a person that had spoken to Brian from Bairnsdale Prospecting on the phone.

Copy & pasted comments below.
-------------------------------------
(LA) Hi all recently talking to bairnsdale prospecting and whites new pi out soon and talk is will out perform the minelab sdc and at around 4 grand price range waiting to see it..

Like Reply 7 hrs

(LA) Ps gunna be price constricted by whites so no over the toppp mark ups..

Like Reply 7 hrs

(Me) That sounds alright then, but something that also competes with the GPX 5000 & GPZ 7000 would be better. The current P.I detectors from Whites can already find small gold if the correct coil is fitted, maybe not quite like the SDC but they aren't that far off.

Like Reply 7 hrs

(Me) Price capp will be good, hopefully the new detector will do a great job & hopefully the models we get here will be designed for our soil.

Like Reply 7 hrs

(LA) Price capped yeah and about to be tested over here. This is the one minelab took to court but whites had long patented it and minelab lost , from what l understand its above the sdc and performance close to the 7000 so keen on seeing it ...

Unlike Reply 1 7 hrs

(Me) Oh ok, yeah I did read something about a court case between them, glad Whites won.
If its better than SDC & close too the 7000 & only costs around 4k then Whites will be on a winner.
Where can I find more info about the detector, do you have a link or something. Thanks.

Like Reply 5 hrs

(LA)Contact brian at bairnsdale prospecting whites dealer . I was chatting to him , he has one coming shortly to test, he,s hopeing to have it soon..

Like Reply 5 hrs

(BK) I'm keen to see how this machine goes and if as good as your saying I might get one at the rite price !

Like Reply 5 hrs

(LA) I hanging out to see them..hear brians report to ..he's straight up so keen as..

Like Reply 5 hrs

(Me) Yeah Brian knows his stuff, I spoke to him a while back about the Minor Johns & Razorback coils, very helpful bloke.
Hopefully Whites or someone else releases some info soon, I think it will be pretty popular here.

Like Reply 5 hrs

That's all I know so that's why I posted here to see if anyone on the forum knew anything or could find any other info.

I don't think Brian would tell someone this if there wasn't any truth to it though, so there could be something happening, Whites might just be keeping it very quiet for now.

Maybe, but he would have to have known telling someone this info would most likely cause people to talk about it & want more info so he would probably be expecting a few calls. I won't be ringing him as I have only spoken to him once before & haven't purchased anything from him just yet so as I'm not a customer of his I won't ring for info about something that may or may not be just rumours.
Someone who knows him or has purchased items & spoken to him more might be able to do that, he might give more info out to a good customer.

I was hoping you'd seen something about specs etc. from Whites or somewhere that led to the "as good as I read it would be" comment. The patents are definitely there but I sincerely doubt a tester of a new product & possibly new technology would be blabbing about? If he did I'm sure Whites wouldn't be impressed as I'm equally as sure they would have their product testers sign confidentiality documents. Could be wrong though - they might be free & easy corporate players?
Hopefully someone that knows Brian will comment.
At the end of the day it's all speculation until Whites release something about it - the same as the Jupiter GPZ-7000 was until Minelab confirmed it.

Yeah unfortunately I was only told by someone who said they had spoken to Brian & from what they were told & posted, it sounds like it would be a very good detector, but as you said, it all speculation at the moment. Just coming from Brian I thought there would have to be some truth to it & not sure if someone would just make up something like that & post it.

The Comment about being "as good as I read it would be" is about it being better than the SDC & close to the 7000, if that was the case then it would be a great detector, specially if the price of around 4k is correct. If I knew something like this was being developed & soon to be released then I would start saving asap.

I agree about testers talking about new products, it does seem a little strange, just can't be too sure these days & as I hadn't heard anything else I thought posting here might be the best way to find out whats really happening.

Maybe, but being that they spoke to Brian & he is in Australia then he could of been meaning 4k in Aussie dollars, but until some info is released from Whites or someone finds out more somehow then its hard to say whats happening. As this was only posted on FB from one person who said they spoke to Brian then its really only a rumour until more info is found or someone speaks to Brian about it, he may not say any more though.

It sounds like the usual claptrap of a new release. No wonder Nokta is winning so many new customers. With a new release they just put it on the market and there's no precious 'hide and seek' crap. Plus, they are no.1 with looking after their customers and listening to what they would like or prefer.

This could explain why all of a sudden Minelab is selling off top line pi detectors so cheaply, 4500, 4800 w/Eureka gold, etc. Makes sense to me.

Latest posts