diy bazooka mini trap sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since tax, customs and shipping to europe is ridiculously expensive I've made a simple design based on the Bazooka Mini Trap Sluice. Everyone with access to a small table top CNC or Laser Cutter could make it. Had to guess the dimensions based on pics and some info from various forums. Here's the preview. Would love to do that for the bazooka prospector but need someone who can give me some details.

1444013079_mini_gold_sluice_trap_small.jpg

G'Day Daniel.... gotta say I'm excited at what you've banged out there just from visual reckoning and a keyboard - truely great stuff cobber! hopefully a member can contribute the info you need to "polish" it...

casper

Of course if you don't have access to a laser cutter or cnc you can make it from hard foam and cut it with a knife in minutes. Or from wood and cut it with a coping saw like in school.

Flat%20wire%20fret%20coping%20saw.jpg

Thanks for the idea Tathradj,
but I think machining costs and shipping from europe wouldn't be profitable anymore. You could just buy the original one for 120,- then.
I better spend my time with sluicing and finding gold :D
This is just a hobby diy project for myself and I thought I share the info with others.

@5ftfossicker for this mini model I used only 1 small sheet of 60x40cm that I had in my garage. Shouldn't be at all expensive. Ask a local with a cnc machine in town for a quote.

Is the dxf file still available for the mini bazooka sluice shown here, I used to have the file but multiple crashes and drive failures mean it's long gone I have the pdf. I need the dxf to run through a cnc router table.

I wouldn't mind the pdf and dxf files if someone has it on the computer saved somewhere. What a great little design that is. :perfect:

Any idea of height of the back wall of the fluid box trap great design thanks for the post cheers Muk.

now there's someone who understands fluids.. great design!

That sump is very much like a possum belly

If nothing else at least I know know the internals of the Croc/Bazooka type units, seen them in vids and such but never really knew what was inside. Just wondering if a funnel type entrance would increase the agitation in the collection trap.
Cheers T.

Funnel doesnt change much, its more about pressure at the pipe intakes than a channeled flow through the pipes

Funnelling into the pipes also increases the amount of debris that can get caught in the pipes/exit holes.

5ftfossicker said:
i can probably get the neighbour to knock some out on his cnc .. would need enough people to want one to justify buying sheets of materials obviously though

I will go in for one to add onto your order if they arent expensive. ;)

Latest posts