What compact/traveling fishing do you recommend?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive been looking at few different traveling fishing rods what do you recommend. I like the looks of the emmrods i can't post a link but they look nice and strong, they may not cast too well thought and a little expensive.

What sort of traveling are you doing? is this the rod http://www.emmrod.com/ ? you could get a custom built multi piece rod for different fishing techniques if you are a serious fisher person doing serious backpacking, otherwise a handline would be better than those backpack things, they look a bit gimicky too me. Hope im not coming across negatively but i love my fishing from salt to fresh and have all the right tools for the job at hand whether it be chasing large jewfish, Aussie bass, poppering for whiting, plasticing for bream and flatty's and so forth, and there is not 1 outfit that does it all.

Yer thats the ones, yer they look a bit different. We are doing an around Australia style trip but space is a little limited. We did have some hand lines to start with but accidentally left them along the way. I do understand there is not one perfict rod but just wondering what others are using when there is minimal space.

G'day CAPSLOCK,

I've got a Berkley-Nomadic Travel Spin NMS665-24. Its a six piece 2-4kg. So its no game rod, but perfect for rivers, lakes and estuaries here in Vic. It cast a 1/24th jighead and plastic or small hardbody well. All depends on what your chasing. Bait or lure?

Ill check it out neo. I think i would mainly use the rod for bait but would be nice to throw a lure sometimes.

That sounds like a winner Neo how long is each piece? might struggle on the Jacks up north :eek:, a 4 to 6 kg outfit is a good all rounder i reckon, lighter is better ie 2-4kg catch more fish but again depending on what you think you might encounter. lol fishing rods are like metal detectors can never have enough :D

Each section is 38cm. It comes with a decent rod bag and the hard case is tough, not brittle at all.
Beats taking a one piece when I'm hoofin it in to a spot and the bush is dense. Or there's a possibility of havin a cast when out prospecting.
1443958545_optimized-img_4013.jpg

Latest posts