Another Minelab deal in the wind?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my research, here in Oz unless you wish to use the detector for "Coin & Relic" hunting....your better off with the 4500 or 5000.

At least that's where my upgrading research has led me to believe....but it's still a good price for 2x great detectors and what they were designed for...

Gypsy

There's very little difference between them really.
4500/5000 have sensitive smooth 4800 doesn't
4800/5000 have coin/relic 4500 doesn't (which is why people often believe the 4800 was a coin/relic machine but it also boasts 3 excellent gold timings - normal, sensitive extra & enhance)
4500/5000 have audio boost 4800 doesn't
5000 has fine gold 4800 & 4500 don't
5000 gain 1-20 - 4800/4500 gain 1-15
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4485/1443613775_compare_minelab_4500_5000.pdf

Coin/Relic timing will only work in ground with Zero mineralisation - it really has nothing to do with Coin/Relic detecting. The Iron Reject is the same in all three models.
Should have been called Zero Mineral or something and then this whole "the 4800 is only a coin detector" statements never would have started.

The 4800 is a very capable machine. Runs smoother than the 4500's in certain soils (just like the 5000s). Would sell very well if it was priced right.

goldtruck59 said:
The dollar conversion rate is pretty sad at the mo also.

Very sad. I use to like buying a lot of minerals online from various dealers in the U.S. etc, now it's not worth it due to the currency difference, product + shipping makes it terrible.

I liked the early 2000s, $70 AUD was like $100 USD. Great for buying online.

Martin said:
goldtruck59 said:

Very sad. I use to like buying a lot of minerals online from various dealers in the U.S. etc, now it's not worth it due to the currency difference, product + shipping makes it terrible.

It's about that now isn't it? But I think they've whacked on gst now.

Minelab are doing a few offers in Aus atm:

CTX 3030 (Standard Pack $2,695.00) and get the following with it:
Pro-Swing 45 Harness
Minelab Carry Bag
Sand Scoop
Treasure Digging Tool

Until 31st October

I got the above yesterday from Minersden. A few other detectors have discounts going also, I saw another customer buy a Minelab detecter and it had an extra $400.00 off, might have been the SDC 2300.

Chewy said:
Martin said:
goldtruck59 said:

It's about that now isn't it? But I think they've whacked on gst now.

More like the reverse, unfortunately: $100 AUD = $70 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts