2 hrs today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 hrs today in a creek at Numinbah Valley suggestions on what I have please
1443505731_image.jpg

1443505731_image.jpg

1443505732_image.jpg

Thought the top one with different stones and things might be conglomerate. But two stones it is sorru for wasting your time

Not wasting anybody's time by asking about what you are finding, not always easy to do with photos though. The top one looks like a pebble conglomerate, the second maybe quartz or jasper? Hard to see but the markings look interesting 8)

find some more like it your onto a winner sorry for smart remark could not help my self ;)

Conglomerate looks like concrete to me, mabey gold was stuck to its surface or the mortar held gold..but it looks newer

The 2nd to me, like shivan mentioned may be jasper but I feel Iits more Chert but that's only if it breaks like glass and is shiny..which it doesn't look, so it could also just be a clay

I have seen a lot of pieces of brick washed up on the beach looking very much like your second pieces pictured. It is the parallel lines that make me think man made. Was it found in a historical area?

We get a few bits and pieces of fossicking relief here but no gemstones or gold* plendy of jasper,agates, chalcedony, honey opal ,thunder eggs etc and on some mineral maps we have gold showing but i have spent a lot of time panning and digging and never found a speck anywhwere in tweed area so im doubting that .. unless its very very deep

You are soo lucky is all I have to say. Of all places I've been soo far, Murwillumbah was my most favourite. The scenery is amazing. We stayed at our friends ( a writer for River Rats and Stingers t.v cop shows ) at thier house in the hills past the bananna plantations which was one of those "geo houses" with a drafty drop loo.

I'd love to see a photo of those bananna plantation and the HUGE bamboo that's out on the flats.. ohh can you send a photo of them...please..

I'd be using the bamboo to move water.... ;)

The maccadamia farm is there too correct with the big knight in armour?

Latest posts