Anyone in the Wollongong area into detecting/fossicking.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggy

Peter
Reaction score
If there's anyone in the Wollongong area by all means send me a private message. We might be able to organise a combined trip.
Cheers Peter

G'day ziggy I am In the Illawarra doing a bit of detecting and live in the area regards. Martin57

Hello peter im in north Wollongong and i am interested in detecting and Fossicking.Im from the uk and i brought my detector over with me, but i havent used it since i got here 8 years ago. i have been reading and doing a bit of reserch,but as yet havent come up with any local club or meeting place. The closest to me is in blakehurst.I have been thinking of going on trip to shaolhaven river area, or braidwood to do some panning,and detecting but didnt know where to start, have you got any ideas.

Howdy,

Yes we occasionally head out to Hill End ourselves.
Keen to get to Worlds End. If only for a photo op.

Oallen ford for panning n slucing.
Same for Yawal. Same for the shoalhaven river.
Also apparently tho doubt anymore, kilalea.

Or down to Mogo, Nelligen. Or around Goulburn.

Theres a few scattered places in old maps that are largely forgotten
and in some case not documented with directions or a map,
just a short description. As u go south of Nowra.

Out to Young but u need access, the official site u wont
have any luck on.
Probably same for Braidwood, tho if u get into some of the gullies
n creeks etc u might have some luck.
Maybe Captains Flat if u can get access.

many places around NSW I would say, but they were turned into SCA a few years
back, places we dont want for fear of penalties to fossick in.
That may change but not at present.

Cheers.
Lee.

Gday Martin and Lom, I am from Nowra and also researching for a possible outing in december sometime. I am thinking around Nelligan Mogo area.

Hey guys I live in Nowra and would love to go panning and/or sluiceing with some fellow members of the forum.
I have only just today bought myself some pans and a sluice and am looking for more experience from other prospectors if possible.
many Thanks
Luke

Hello guys',

Did not know that there was so many members in the south coast region.
Maybe we can hook up at a site down in the Shoalhaven in the coming weeks?

Peter.

Hey guys, we live in Bulli (Wollongong) and have just retired. We are in the middle of getting wal's highbanker built and have the Xterra 70 and a Minelab 5000 each plus some pans.

Would be keen to get together with other likeminded - I have some good info on the Shoalhaven.....

Penny :)

Hi Fellow Fossickers,
It would be great if all of the members would list their region with their member name.
For what it worth, people could make contact with other members and arrange meet ups.
Those not interested could ignore it and still remain anonymous.
You could be meeting and making friends and get a lot of benefit from shared knowledge.
I think it's great that interest has been shown in your area.
Why don't you start by adding your region to you name - others may follow.

regards, Ned

Hi guys, I am down a little further south at Tilba. We would be up for a Mogo putting or camp. I run a walbanker and an SD2000. Found a few grams at Oallen but keen to find some mass closer to home :D

Hi All,

Im new to detecting.. Have an AT Pro which I'm starting to get use to.. From Albion Park, keen to pair up or join a group who would like to detect any of the beaches, parks, bush etc in this area and its surrounds.. PM me if your interested also..

Dave

Still looking for anyone in my area that may allow me to join them when they go out detecting in the Illawarra area.. Keen to do beaches, parks etc..

Hi,

I'm at Port Kembla. New to detecting and prospecting in general. I have a Minelab Eureka and I'm planning on building a high banker.
I'd be keen to go to the beach just to get some swing practise!

Hi Dron
Unfortunately most but not all of the guys in this post have logged on to the forum in 12 months or more, I am from Wollongong and would be keen to meet up and go for a detect around the place
Let me know if your keen, up to you

Hi all im from wollongong havnt got a detector but would be keen to come out and have a look if anyones going local in the next few weeks

Thanks for the offer mate might have to take you up on that got a couple of full on weeks coming up once theyre done with id love to have a go cheers mate

Latest posts