How durable is your Deus?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Impressive !! The only thing that scares me is...being able to program it.... :( Otherwise a fine machine.

AuWanderer said:
Wow, Impressive !! The only thing that scares me is...being able to program it.... :( Otherwise a fine machine.

Don't be scared! Its not programming as such. I have made software before and that scares me a lot.

By programming, it actually means adjusting.

So when you "Program" the machine it is essentially adjusting settings to to give you the best results where you are hunting.

If you change the sensitivity from 85 to 90, You just programmed the machine.
If you change the TX power from 1 to 2, You just programmed the machine.

You can change a lot or a little depending on your experience, I make little adjustments often as I am still in the learning phase.
So the thought in my head is always, "I wonder what would happen if if changed........"

One day I spent about 20 minutes on one signal, just adjusting stuff to get it as clear as I could and seeing what setting made what difference.
Must have looked a little weird doing 10 sweeps, then looking at the remote and doing 10 more, then looking at remote and doing 10 more etc etc.

I hope that makes sense, you can then save your changes as a separate program if you wish.

Happy Hunting.

clegy said:
AuWanderer said:

Don't be scared! Its not programming as such. I have made software before and that scares me a lot.

By programming, it actually means adjusting.

So when you "Program" the machine it is essentially adjusting settings to to give you the best results where you are hunting.

If you change the sensitivity from 85 to 90, You just programmed the machine.
If you change the TX power from 1 to 2, You just programmed the machine.

You can change a lot or a little depending on your experience, I make little adjustments often as I am still in the learning phase.
So the thought in my head is always, "I wonder what would happen if if changed........"

One day I spent about 20 minutes on one signal, just adjusting stuff to get it as clear as I could and seeing what setting made what difference.
Must have looked a little weird doing 10 sweeps, then looking at the remote and doing 10 more, then looking at remote and doing 10 more etc etc.

I hope that makes sense, you can then save your changes as a separate program if you wish.

Happy Hunting.
Makes perfect sense clegy,.... but what did you end up digging up after all those sweeps mate,.. ya can't leave us hanging, even if it was just canslaw. :lol:
we all practice on anything at some stage of the game,... and did you forcast the guess alright before you dug it ?, I still get screwtop surprises instead of florins. :lol:

Ok it was a bloody can and it was like a foot deep, It rang like a copper coin then like a can, then like a bit of can then I was confused then I dug a massive hole and retrieved my can. About 24 hours later and another manual re-read, I started using the depth gauge a little more and the pinpoint feature to size objects when I became suss.

The mistake I made was when you change frequency the VDI Numbers adjust. So it kept changing, I did know that, but in the heat of the hunt I just plain forgot.

Not one of my Finer moments on The Deus.

Thanks Silver for making confess that. :8 :mad: :8

Clegy

You making me laugh big time there clegy,..I still dig cans up even when I know they gunna bee too (just while we are into confessions). :lol: :D

clegy said:
Ok it was a bloody can and it was like a foot deep, It rang like a copper coin then like a can, then like a bit of can then I was confused then I dug a massive hole and retrieved my can. About 24 hours later and another manual re-read, I started using the depth gauge a little more and the pinpoint feature to size objects when I became suss.

The mistake I made was when you change frequency the VDI Numbers adjust. So it kept changing, I did know that, but in the heat of the hunt I just plain forgot.

Not one of my Finer moments on The Deus.

Thanks Silver for making confess that. :8 :mad: :8

Clegy

Have you turned on the "ID Norm" setting under options/configuration/profile? This will ensure all VDI's read the same, regardless of frequency. ;)

I did Run The ID norm for a little, But I have gone back to having it off.
As a 705 owner I was pretty addicted to the screen, I find with Deus If I run 5 tones or Full tones I have a better time.

Like the 705 when you run different tones it compresses some together to get the norm. This and I am slowly mutating into an audio detectorist and mainly have the remote tucked away in my finds pouch. Except in trashy areas.
I still look at it a lot but not as much. Besides you need it handy to pinpoint.

My Next Hunt I am going to use the XY Axis and see how that goes, been doing some homework on it while its pouring rain and I have a feeling it will suit me.

AuWanderer said:

Like most modern detectors, you can chose to make things as complicated or as simple as you want. It's actually a very simple detector to use if utilising one of the factory preset programs. Leave the plethora of settings & options till later once you have a bit of time on the Deus, and understand properly how they affect the performance on the sites that you detect. :)

As for actually creating programs, it is also pretty straight forward. You can start off using any of the factory programs, and make adjustments to suit your style of detecting or area detected.

Once changes are made:

-press options
-select programs then select save
-select an empty numbered slot and give your new custom program a name
-then press valid (validate) to complete the process.
-hey presto, a new custom program is added to the end of the list of factory programs. ;)

clegy said:
I did Run The ID norm for a little, But I have gone back to having it off.
As a 705 owner I was pretty addicted to the screen, I find with Deus If I run 5 tones or Full tones I have a better time.

Like the 705 when you run different tones it compresses some together to get the norm. This and I am slowly mutating into an audio detectorist and mainly have the remote tucked away in my finds pouch. Except in trashy areas.
I still look at it a lot but not as much. Besides you need it handy to pinpoint.

My Next Hunt I am going to use the XY Axis and see how that goes, been doing some homework on it while its pouring rain and I have a feeling it will suit me.

You read my mind on the XY Axis hidden screen, just been going back through Andy Sabisch's book on the topic, not that I will entertain the idea of using it all the time, if at all.

I very much prefer to detect via audio, I may glance at the screen once in a while, though you will know when a good high conductor passes under the coil without having to consult with the screen. :)

Latest posts