Whites detectors compared to others.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dazza513 said:
YIPPEKAIAY said:
Well dazza if the spp was so great how come you sold yours?? This forum makes me laugh alot of people saying this n that bout a particular type of machine yet theyve never used one or they sold it only after a short period but then rave about how great it was?? 1st why would you sell something thats great n 2nd why do people talk bout products theyve never used to all those dont bother putting in uneducated posts as you dont sound good you just sound like the advertisment from the company in which if you look at it from that point every machine ever made is the best on the market the best depth n best price n what you need !!!
NO WHAT I NEED IS INPUT FROM OWNERS NOT WANKERS THAT ARE WANNA BE SALES REPS N KNOW IT ALLS WHO JUST LOVE WATCHING THE LIKES ON THEIR POST!!!!! END OF RANT LOL :lol:

Yep fair comment, I sold the spp because i do a lot more coin detecting than nugget hunting and thought i might try a xp deus, macro racer or ctx 3030. I owned and sold a SD 2100 and 2200 when they were the current models and we all know they are great detectors, so just because i sold a detector does'nt mean there is anything wrong with that model. The spp is a pretty fool proof machine (almost a zip zip type detector). If my wife was to start nugget hunting with me again it would be a no brainer to get her a spp or tdi sl and a small folded coil as thats a hot little combo that is'nt to botherd by hot pockets (she hates them hot pockets lol).

I like the gp series minlabs for the money if you can put up with the ground noise and chatter, If you can they will reward you for your effort. I still believe that like fishing 10% of operators get 90% of the gold regardless of what gear they use. If your relying solely on the fact that your detector is the latest and greatest to find the gold for you then your probably not going to find alot.

Dazza :)

Dazza Take a look at Robert and Goldpicks Threads on one of those machines because they have started to unlock some of its secretes.
Look here
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13450&p=2

And Here
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13707

Good Luck Dazza ol Mate

john

Hi All
Took the new/second hand TDI Pro OZ out yesterday for my first run. Went to an old goldfield in mountains in southern NSW. Was using the new Razorback 7.5 x 11 folded 8 mono.
WOW that coil is sensitive. Ground was normal, not hot and I was able to run with the gain on 10.
It really punched deep. Also smooth and incredibly quite.
I was detecting the tiniest , tiniest bits of wire no more than 5mm long and almost hair width down to almost 6". And the signal was loud and strong. No gold, as there was way to much junk but found some interesting stuff.
10 out of 10 to Brian Bateson And Luke for suggesting the coil. It is brilliant and
I won't be using anything else.
Cheers
Mark

rockerfella said:
Hi All
Took the new/second hand TDI Pro OZ out yesterday for my first run. Went to an old goldfield in mountains in southern NSW. Was using the new Razorback 7.5 x 11 folded 8 mono.
WOW that coil is sensitive. Ground was normal, not hot and I was able to run with the gain on 10.
It really punched deep. Also smooth and incredibly quite.
I was detecting the tiniest , tiniest bits of wire no more than 5mm long and almost hair width down to almost 6". And the signal was loud and strong. No gold, as there was way to much junk but found some interesting stuff.
10 out of 10 to Brian Bateson And Luke for suggesting the coil. It is brilliant and
I won't be using anything else.
Cheers
Mark

Cool, They are a beast when you crank them up and if you switch to high or turn the GB off chasing larger targets it will go insanely deep way deeper than other PI's.

good luck,, john

I'm sure Wal 'n Liz will be pleased for you also. He is a gentleman when it comes to assisting people.

Just another question with Pro Oz John or anyone. Is it normal for the unit to stay quiet for 10 to 15 seconds after switching from all to low or high to low. This happened every time yesterday. Mainly I was checking a target, switch to high to confirm junk, then switch back to low and no signal, dead. As stated above a signal that it was working again after 10 to 15 seconds???
Any advise would be appreciated. It may be just normal, not sure
Cheers
Mark

rockerfella said:
Just another question with Pro Oz John or anyone. Is it normal for the unit to stay quiet for 10 to 15 seconds after switching from all to low or high to low. This happened every time yesterday. Mainly I was checking a target, switch to high to confirm junk, then switch back to low and no signal, dead. As stated above a signal that it was working again after 10 to 15 seconds???
Any advise would be appreciated. It may be just normal, not sure
Cheers
Mark

does it do it when you just lay it on the floor and do it with the coil 90* to the ground ?? If it does not do it when it is laying down then the Ground might of been a bit hotter than you think and running the gain Maxed out would cause the machine to pause while it is resetting its threshold and if you drop the gain to about 7 or 8 then it should come back sooner,

john

rockerfella said:
Thanks John, Will investigate that a bit more.
Cheers
Mark

When you test it lay it down and make sure the coil is 90 degrees to the ground and use the same setting as you used today and try and do it in the same area, if it does not do it then try detecting like you did today and flick the switch and if it does it then try lowering the Gain until the switch change does not have any effect, It might not do it with the standard coil but when you are using a more sensitive coil that might cause it to overload making it blank, ok

good luck, john

Yeah mate easily done, that's another good reason to check out the ground with a machine that has a meter when the ground catches you out like that, just to get a better idea whats going on,

good luck

john

Thanx mate that was a good statement im tossing up the spp n gpx4500 rerelease i know the gpx is nearly 5000 but i can get one for just over 3000 but like you stated im not queen on listening to squelch n all that other noise all day
Just want something thatl find shiny shite n something i wont outgrow as im just wanting a detector for chasing gold n thats it... Didnt mean to offend just want honest unbiased opinions as so im not wasting $$$
Kind regards yippee

YIPPEKAIAY said:
Thanx mate that was a good statement im tossing up the spp n gpx4500 rerelease i know the gpx is nearly 5000 but i can get one for just over 3000 but like you stated im not queen on listening to squelch n all that other noise all day
Just want something thatl find shiny shite n something i wont outgrow as im just wanting a detector for chasing gold n thats it... Didnt mean to offend just want honest unbiased opinions as so im not wasting $$$
Kind regards yippee

Well where the SPP has it over the 4500 is it will nearly always run Smooth and whether you are near power lines or Cell Towers or near Town and on coming Storms won't bother it and they share the same Coils,

But you can not compare the Two Ability wise, The 4500 is/WAS , The top of the Line Prospecting machine, If you want a fair comparison then you would have to "THINK", TDI Pro, Take no notice about the $3000 price The 4500 was a 5 or 6000 Dollar machine when it came out,
The 4500 and the Pro are closer when it comes to comparing machines, The SPP is a Do it all type machine, out of the 3 I would Pick the Pro because it is more flexible and they have the power where it counts.

john

I was looking an an oz pro n the whites distributer reccomended the spp due to coil range ease of use ?? I found it strange to suggest the spp over the oz pro but ive never ever used a detector n dont know shite but in saying that id rather pay bit more as dont wanna upgrade really so am just wanting the right machine !! Its so confusing with all the hype !! But i do appreciate all input

Yup, well, I get very confused also when I see my posts appear to be deleted so members don't see them; so I can understand you being confused.

Join the club.

YIPPEKAIAY said:
I was looking an an oz pro n the whites distributer reccomended the spp due to coil range ease of use ?? I found it strange to suggest the spp over the oz pro but ive never ever used a detector n dont know shite but in saying that id rather pay bit more as dont wanna upgrade really so am just wanting the right machine !! Its so confusing with all the hype !! But i do appreciate all input

Well I did that and headed to the top of the line stuff and they will punish you, The Whites dealer is right, The SPP is the machine to get, But don't bother comparing these machines, and the most successful prospectors could find Gold with a Forked Stick, The SPP can grow with you it can use the same Coils as the 4500 for the most part so once you have them it is future proofed as would the be the 4500, Quite a few guys here run the older minelabs that are nearly 20 years old So there is no such thing as an out of date detector and those with the later models is just a matter of choice,

I think you should do what GP has done and just enjoy your self, because you are listening to all the hype and moving away from what your Goals are and that will only end one way and that is Owning a machine that will end up collecting Dust.
You have a life time to pick and choose, but in the mean time you need to grab a machine and get out there and just have fun and forget about the snob value or the Brand thing, But Just buy a good pick like the Walco Heavy Duty Pick and a GPS with about 1000+ way points and 2000+ Track Points and Get in to it, Ok.

John

SunriseBoy said:
Yup, well, I get very confused also when I see my posts appear to be deleted so members don't see them; so I can understand you being confused.

Join the club.

Maybe you should ask via PM if your post has been deleted it does get confusing at times, I lost a couple of posts but I put it down to being timed out due to me taking to long to reply or edit my posts,

john

And, good call on getting an SPP and a GPS and a pick; and getting 'out there'.

This internet crapola really is very much a navel gazing exercise. "Mmmm, navel, navel, navel...".

Politicians and public servants would really relate to this!

Latest posts