Racer, or Fors Core?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to add another machine to my arsenal, and both these new ones seem very good. I am looking to do beach hunts in the wet sand, plus my usual turf hunts. Both machines seem pretty equal (even price-wise), except for the design. Which one would you choose, or recommend?

Its a question i get asked day in day out after running each through a demo....so which one would you buy im asked?....thats an easy one for me...i got both. However i do use the RACER more than the FG/CR as my other half prefers the balance of the Fors models.

The CoRe is better balanced....the RACER has in-your-face control layout. Both have the same coil options now, however the better buy still comes in with the CoRe being best bang for your buck in the Pro version = 3 coils.

The RACER with the 10x5"coil picks up the slack when combo-ed to this coil, and its ability to unmask with the 10x5"it remarkable....not that the std 11x7"coil is a slouch....its also got some bite!

All repairs and warranty work now carried out in Australia by Nokta Australia.

FB page..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nokta-Makro-Detectors-Australia/951852674875154?fref=ts

PS. All out of CoRe pro's ATM...next shipment is due in the next week or two...Both FGs and RACER Pros are in stock.

Thanks, I am leaning towards the racer, but a better balance means alot to me. More research I spose :)

Sandta said:
Decisions decisions....
Its like walking down the chocolate isle :rolleyes:
Too many to choose from
Get one of each , and a couple of extras for good measure :lol:

yep, but these two are so very close.

The difference in performance is hair splitting, and it really does now come down to ergonomics. I have preferences to the use of both models...but the misses wont use her own detectors now and im pretty much left with using the RACER simply because she prefers the balance of the FG/FC. Its a shift on the fly model where as the FC/FG are set and forget models. Both have the same menu items and you'll probably never read the manual other than to work out how to turn the back light on permanently, or initiate manual GB and frequency shift. The RACER has the ability to work in inches or centimeters when using the pin-point function....the FC/FG models have only centimeters.

The RACER has volatile memory, meaning once turned off, any setting you altered are lost. The other two models have both volatile and none volatile...meaning you can leave it so that it factory resets each time you turn them off and on...or set it so that it remembers your settings.

There are subtle differences in how some of the modes work, but your hard pressed to point them out other than reading the blurb. The real power comes from listening to the audio, even in the two tone mode of all three units....much can be gained and learned from this mode.

We use ours mostly for coin and relic hunting in the goldfields of NSW. The speed and simplicity and the unmasking abilities of these models will amaze. Make youtube your friend to see the many world wide reviews...or look over the threads in this and a few other ozy forums for my reviews and finds.

Leaning towards the Core, hoping to buy secondhand, or save a little more for new.