New To Fossicking! want to do a weeklong trip to BEECHWORTH NSW AREA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my name is josh and i have been into rocks all my live, of late it has become a passion of mine and nothing would make me happier than to be able to succesfully fossick and mine for gemstones such as ; smoky quartz,topaz, amethyst, garnet or almost any gem you can name. I live around the toora/foster area in victoria and i have taken an interest into digging for gems. My dad, his best friend neil and i are hoping to come to beechworth for a few days in the near future and we would really appreciate any help with locations anyone may know of or any mud maps people wouldn't mind sharing, we would also be more than happy for someone to take us out and give us a few pointers. We are not in the rock race for profit,we are strictly collectors that are passionate about what we do.

Welcome to the forum CR good luck on the hunt. :)
You could do a gday post in the introduce yourself section as well. ;)

I forget the name of the website but it has mud map locations for many areas across Australia I saw a mud map location for beechworth it said there was many gemstones to be found and all the gems you have named as well as some others like tourmaline and I think the odd piece of beryl is found there also I'm sure if you googled fossicking locations for beechworth or somthing similar you should be able to find the website I'm talking about lr maybe somthing else that helps good luck mate :Y:

Latest posts