Unhappy re issue Minelab 4500 user

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ad:

In essence, if your paying over $2K for a used GPX 4500 - your being ripped off -

I don't see any for anywhere near $2k... Maybe this guy is trying to push the market down further than what it would naturally be so that he can get himself a real bargain!

That guy is somewhat disingenuous in his calculations and facts. As it stands we have to pay Au$3,200.00 for the new deal, and he states sellers have theirs listed for almost twice as much. That price is only available until 31 August, not the "regular" sell price and I don't see ANY "used" 4500's over $5,000.00 even with loads of spares.

Additionally, he states he was in the market for a 4500 and is how he came across the info., so as a BUYER, i would expect him to be DELIGHTED with this new outcome. Based on his figures he can now have a brand new unit for the same cost of a previously "used" item.

Also, he is "educating the uninformed" (his words) with misinformation himself. He points to the previous theft of units as to what is being put back on the market, yet that was only approx. 300 units and this does NOT constitute a RE-RELEASE as is the real case by Minelab.

Shame there's no response section like in forums, to highlight his shortcomings of argument, cos now the "uninformed" are still so.

Just another GOM having a whinge over nothing.... it is what it is, but he needs to give himself an uppercut and a smack in the back of the head for being misleading and uninformed.

Gypsy

The guy doesn't have a clue. If Minelab were paid out by an insurance company for the theft of some detectors and those detectors were subsequently recovered they are then the property of the insurance company, not Minelab.

Magilla said:
The guy doesn't have a clue. If Minelab were paid out by an insurance company for the theft of some detectors and those detectors were subsequently recovered they are then the property of the insurance company, not Minelab.

And the logical way for the insurer to recover as much money as possible by disposing of the detectors, is to sell them back to Minelab. No auctioneers' commissions, no delays waiting for sales and settlement, no worries about warranty - it's a win/win solution!

What alot of hoohaa... too much time on their hands. And its really not minelabs business to worry about the second hand market they make money in the new detector range.

This is probably the minelab dealer up north carrying on who just lost the dealership rights

Received mine on Friday from Miners Den Ballarat (bought online). both both box and coil have 11 digit serial number, no alpha characters.

Somes like crap to me.

Thanks
John

G0lddigg@ said:
This is probably the minelab dealer up north carrying on who just lost the dealership rights

Nope....the Gumtree ID shows him as being in WA and a member since 2010, just be careful about that speculation eh? :)

Id doesnt prove anything and yes i am wildly speculating as i the guy who created the listing. Lot of hoohaa.... waste of space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts