Australian Fisher dealers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me if the guy selling Fisher detectors in Tasmania is a authorized distributor, or just grey importing? He was advertising himself as importer/distributor and had been asking for people to help distribute.
I can't find his website now.

Cheers

GD

Cheers for the links,

After some research; all I will say is "make sure you buy your detector from a registered Australian Dealer no matter what brand".

Gold Diver said:
Cheers for the links,

After some research; all I will say is "make sure you buy your detector from a registered Australian Dealer no matter what brand".
Yep there are fakes of every brand - just recently read something about Fisher Chinese fakes. There's also warranty drama's if not a registered dealer even if the real deal.

Hi All,

People in Tassie have a checkered past here in WA. Under a different name, and selling a different brand.
Actually I think there has been a post on here regarding that.

Gold Hunter detectors were very helpful. Recommended.

Thanks for the info, waiting on a Gold Bug 2

GD

Gold Diver said:
Gold Hunter detectors were very helpful.

That was my impression too at first, but 6 weeks later I'm still waiting on a simple spare that was out of stock (coil cover) and replacements for incorrect sizes sent (more coil covers), all paid for in advance of course, and my emails are going unanswered. :(

Geez Grubstake, that's no good.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Fisher need to get their dealer situation together, as it might be far better off to buy direct from the USA.

GD

grubstake said:
Gold Diver said:
Gold Hunter detectors were very helpful.

That was my impression too at first, but 6 weeks later I'm still waiting on a simple spare that was out of stock (coil cover) and replacements for incorrect sizes sent (more coil covers), all paid for in advance of course, and my emails are going unanswered. :(

Sounds like an all too common occurrence lately with some Australian dealers, no matter what imported brand is involved. I had the same experience with another "reputable" mob, long delays, no communication. Hopefully they get their ass into gear and deliver as promised. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go as far as saying;

Do not put a large deposit down, and definitely do not pay in full before you receive your new purchase.
If the dealer doesn't have stock, that's not your problem, you are not there to help finance their next shipment.
I buy large custom equipment frequently, many times the amount of a detector, and never have I paid the full amount until it lands. I always lock in the currency from the country I'm purchasing from also, so when it dose get here, there is no nasty surprises.

This new pop-up internet selling where you pay for your order, then the dealer orders from the overseas suppliers and makes you wait is rubbish IMO.
It also can end in trouble as it did with the Mob who sells Fisher in Tassie.

I hate to see people pay their hard earned cash and not receive their good, and that goes for anything.

GD

GaryO said:
Make that 5 emails now including 2 sent to the CEO , still not a single reply :mad:

did you get your fisher, here or overseas, Gary? im going through a warranty problem with them, too :(

Not selling detectors as yet..

But I will not take $ without stock on my Shelves AND If I can not service / support it - I will not stock it.

Restricts my options, but for me it is about Service and Support - not just sales...

AngerManagement said:
Not selling detectors as yet..

But I will not take $ without stock on my Shelves AND If I can not service / support it - I will not stock it.

Restricts my options, but for me it is about Service and Support - not just sales...

wish "Some" Aussie dealers/distributors took that attitude, mate :)

anton said:
GaryO said:
Make that 5 emails now including 2 sent to the CEO , still not a single reply :mad:

did you get your fisher, here or overseas, Gary? im going through a warranty problem with them, too :(
My ones a bit tricky , I bought it brand new from an Aussie company who has basically closed his business for new products and is just selling remaining stock. He closed his Fisher dealership several years ago when he retired the business.
He gave me a direct email to the ceo of first texas and wasnt expecting to many drammas if I explained who he was and the info surrounding the purchase.
Luckily its only a coil but still about $260 to replace.
ps.. it only lasted 4 hrs :(

If the detector/coil was purchased through an authorised dealer at the time, surely you would have to deal with the current Oz distributor for any repairs or concerns? Or was he importing the detectors himself?

He sold all brands and was a Fisher dealer as well. He doesnt have replacements and he no longer purchases stock. Technically he should be the one emailing Fisher but I guess as he is retired now im happy to make the contacts as long as he supports me .
I did finally get a reply from Fisher this morning via there online reply form on the website. I was asked to provide receipt and dates etc , ill keep everyone posted.

ps. I dont want to name the business as he has been around since the 70's and has always been a gentleman in the industry so I wouldnt like to tarnish his name after so many honorable years of bussiness.

Gaz

Latest posts