First timer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have just purchased my first detector. A garrett at pro and am hooked. I have already found $39.50 in coins a white gold earing with 8 very sm diamonds and a heap of sinkers. All on my first day. Was just wondering if there is anyone else in the cleveland Redlands area in brisbane that is into detecting also that would like to catch up and give me a few tips? Much appreciated novicedan. :)

Welcome Dan! Wow, that's a great start to the day now isn't it! Check out the qld detecting rules if you need any info as to where you can detect withought issues

Feel free to post photos of your finds as well mate!

Hi Dan,

I'm guessing your no longer a novice, but I am, and I live in the same area as you do!! In Cleveland. I don't metal detect I was more in the business of fossicking are you interested in any of that? No one I kno if interested and I don't want to go on those trips alone. :)

Tarryn said:
Hi Dan,

I'm guessing your no longer a novice, but I am, and I live in the same area as you do!! In Cleveland. I don't metal detect I was more in the business of fossicking are you interested in any of that? No one I kno if interested and I don't want to go on those trips alone. :)

Hey tarryn what are you fossicking for ? I'm in Redland bay.

novicedan said:
Hey guys,
I have just purchased my first detector. A garrett at pro and am hooked. I have already found $39.50 in coins a white gold earing with 8 very sm diamonds and a heap of sinkers. All on my first day. Was just wondering if there is anyone else in the cleveland Redlands area in brisbane that is into detecting also that would like to catch up and give me a few tips? Much appreciated novicedan. :)

Hiya dan I'm in Redland bay. Iv been doing what you been doing for a while now an only got $20 dollars and a few other things. I'm hoping to catch up an have some fun findings together sometime ??

Latest posts